Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    DrivingZiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    1,937
    +1
    349

    Question And what about insurance?

    Looks like Progressive will ensure me (through USAA) for a little over $100 per month for both skis. According to the USAA agent, the liability for the trailer will be covered through my auto insurance. Is the Progressive price good, or should I continue looking? Is there something in particular I should look for in the policy? This is with $500 deductibles.


  2. #2
    Ski Hacks MG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    5,253
    +1
    990
    State Farm has all my insurance, including my skis. My 2004 Seadoo GTX SC was $29.50 per month with $6500 replacement and $250 deductible.

  3. #3
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,570
    +1
    1,272
    Trailer may only be covered when it is hooked up to your truck. Check how it works when trailer is sitting by itself.

  4. #4
    DrivingZiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    1,937
    +1
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by CCW View Post
    State Farm has all my insurance, including my skis. My 2004 Seadoo GTX SC was $29.50 per month with $6500 replacement and $250 deductible.
    Well, it appears that I'm not eeeeeeeeeeeeeven finished shopping! That's less than 1/3 the Progressive quote. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Trailer may only be covered when it is hooked up to your truck. Check how it works when trailer is sitting by itself.
    I'm not following. When the trailer is unhooked, it will be in the garage. But I'm new! Are there other situations to which you might be referring in which I would unhook the trailer? I was thinking: hook, tow, plunge, park. Re-mount, tow, garage. I would think that any time I go out on the WaveRunners, I will be leaving the trailer hooked to the truck.

  5. #5
    @JC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Peoples Republic of Minnesota
    Posts
    1,860
    +1
    993
    Shop around, I insure mine through Allstate (same as my auto/home) and it's under $200 a year for 250/500/100, $250 ded, full replacement value, un/under-insured and medical, it also covers the trailer independent of my auto policy. Im in MN though so it goes to a storage only type policy for part of the year which does partially decrease the cost but for a full year it would still be around $300 according to my policy quote.

  6. #6
    Fink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    North East Arkansas
    Posts
    258
    +1
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivingZiggy View Post
    I'm not following. When the trailer is unhooked, it will be in the garage. But I'm new! Are there other situations to which you might be referring in which I would unhook the trailer? I was thinking: hook, tow, plunge, park. Re-mount, tow, garage. I would think that any time I go out on the WaveRunners, I will be leaving the trailer hooked to the truck.
    Until you venture out to try new waters...

    I'll drop the ski at the hotel/camp ground when we venture out into the city. I feel safer leaving it parked in a well lit hotel parking lot with other "parked" skis and boats worth much more than mine that have no locks on them than I do leaving it hitched to the truck in a titty bar parking lot.
    Last edited by Fink; 05-21-2013 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Added quote

  7. #7
    DrivingZiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    1,937
    +1
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by @JC View Post
    Shop around, I insure mine through Allstate (same as my auto/home) and it's under $200 a year for 250/500/100, $250 ded, full replacement value, un/under-insured and medical, it also covers the trailer independent of my auto policy. Im in MN though so it goes to a storage only type policy for part of the year which does partially decrease the cost but for a full year it would still be around $300 according to my policy quote.
    Will do! My online quote seems ridiculously high compared to you guys! Could it be that it's because these are brand new 2013 FX HOs and I entered the value at $12000 each?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fink View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivingZiggy View Post
    I'm not following. When the trailer is unhooked, it will be in the garage. But I'm new! Are there other situations to which you might be referring in which I would unhook the trailer? I was thinking: hook, tow, plunge, park. Re-mount, tow, garage. I would think that any time I go out on the WaveRunners, I will be leaving the trailer hooked to the truck.
    Until you venture out to try new waters...

    I'll drop the ski at the hotel/camp ground when we venture out into the city. I feel safer leaving it parked in a well lit hotel parking lot with other "parked" skis and boats worth much more than mine that have no locks on them than I do leaving it hitched to the truck in a titty bar parking lot.
    Now I'm starting to follow. I've never vacationed with any kind of trailer before, so I wasn't taking any of that into consideration. Thanks!

  8. #8
    Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Right side of Kansas
    Posts
    4,342
    +1
    87
    I pay $18 a month for full coverage on my 09 FZR through Nationwide on a bundled policy with my house and both cars.

  9. #9
    YoYamma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    21,528
    +1
    4,754
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivingZiggy View Post
    Looks like Progressive will ensure me (through USAA) for a little over $100 per month for both skis. According to the USAA agent, the liability for the trailer will be covered through my auto insurance. Is the Progressive price good, or should I continue looking? Is there something in particular I should look for in the policy? This is with $500 deductibles.
    My experience with Progressive in FL was not good; they basically tried to rape us after a couple years so we dropped them. A couple of other companies to compare are Markel Marine and also Seaworthy/Geico. Also, I would be very cautious about what any agent "said" about the trailer; get it in writing or it means nothing.

  10. #10
    VeXeD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Port St. Lucie Florida
    Posts
    136
    +1
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by jtskier11 View Post
    I pay $18 a month for full coverage on my 09 FZR through Nationwide on a bundled policy with my house and both cars.
    Full coverage with Nationwide also $34.00 a month.

    2 cars and a ski...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. X-package and Eco mode with and without module and what about vtech?
    By pastormajorquin in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-27-2015, 06:34 PM
  2. Yamaha - what's good and bad about the new FX HO?
    By Macster in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-14-2011, 05:21 AM
  3. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-21-2011, 10:03 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-29-2010, 10:03 PM
  5. Boats, Water Craft I have and had. What about you?
    By jetskibrian in forum PWC Fishing
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-14-2010, 08:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •