Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Question And what about insurance?

Looks like Progressive will ensure me (through USAA) for a little over $100 per month for both skis. According to the USAA agent, the liability for the trailer will be covered through my auto insurance. Is the Progressive price good, or should I continue looking? Is there something in particular I should look for in the policy? This is with $500 deductibles.

+1
    State Farm has all my insurance, including my skis. My 2004 Seadoo GTX SC was $29.50 per month with $6500 replacement and $250 deductible.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Trailer may only be covered when it is hooked up to your truck. Check how it works when trailer is sitting by itself.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CCW View Post
    State Farm has all my insurance, including my skis. My 2004 Seadoo GTX SC was $29.50 per month with $6500 replacement and $250 deductible.
    Well, it appears that I'm not eeeeeeeeeeeeeven finished shopping! That's less than 1/3 the Progressive quote. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Trailer may only be covered when it is hooked up to your truck. Check how it works when trailer is sitting by itself.
    I'm not following. When the trailer is unhooked, it will be in the garage. But I'm new! Are there other situations to which you might be referring in which I would unhook the trailer? I was thinking: hook, tow, plunge, park. Re-mount, tow, garage. I would think that any time I go out on the WaveRunners, I will be leaving the trailer hooked to the truck.

+1
    Shop around, I insure mine through Allstate (same as my auto/home) and it's under $200 a year for 250/500/100, $250 ded, full replacement value, un/under-insured and medical, it also covers the trailer independent of my auto policy. Im in MN though so it goes to a storage only type policy for part of the year which does partially decrease the cost but for a full year it would still be around $300 according to my policy quote.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivingZiggy View Post
    I'm not following. When the trailer is unhooked, it will be in the garage. But I'm new! Are there other situations to which you might be referring in which I would unhook the trailer? I was thinking: hook, tow, plunge, park. Re-mount, tow, garage. I would think that any time I go out on the WaveRunners, I will be leaving the trailer hooked to the truck.
    Until you venture out to try new waters...

I'll drop the ski at the hotel/camp ground when we venture out into the city. I feel safer leaving it parked in a well lit hotel parking lot with other "parked" skis and boats worth much more than mine that have no locks on them than I do leaving it hitched to the truck in a titty bar parking lot.
    Last edited by Fink; 05-21-2013 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Added quote

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by @JC View Post
    Shop around, I insure mine through Allstate (same as my auto/home) and it's under $200 a year for 250/500/100, $250 ded, full replacement value, un/under-insured and medical, it also covers the trailer independent of my auto policy. Im in MN though so it goes to a storage only type policy for part of the year which does partially decrease the cost but for a full year it would still be around $300 according to my policy quote.
    Will do! My online quote seems ridiculously high compared to you guys! Could it be that it's because these are brand new 2013 FX HOs and I entered the value at $12000 each?

Quote Originally Posted by Fink View Post
    Until you venture out to try new waters...

I'll drop the ski at the hotel/camp ground when we venture out into the city. I feel safer leaving it parked in a well lit hotel parking lot with other "parked" skis and boats worth much more than mine that have no locks on them than I do leaving it hitched to the truck in a titty bar parking lot.
    Now I'm starting to follow. I've never vacationed with any kind of trailer before, so I wasn't taking any of that into consideration. Thanks!

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    I pay $18 a month for full coverage on my 09 FZR through Nationwide on a bundled policy with my house and both cars.

+1
    Looks like Progressive will ensure me (through USAA) for a little over $100 per month for both skis. According to the USAA agent, the liability for the trailer will be covered through my auto insurance. Is the Progressive price good, or should I continue looking? Is there something in particular I should look for in the policy? This is with $500 deductibles.
    My experience with Progressive in FL was not good; they basically tried to rape us after a couple years so we dropped them. A couple of other companies to compare are Markel Marine and also Seaworthy/Geico. Also, I would be very cautious about what any agent "said" about the trailer; get it in writing or it means nothing.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jtskier11 View Post
    I pay $18 a month for full coverage on my 09 FZR through Nationwide on a bundled policy with my house and both cars.
    Full coverage with Nationwide also $34.00 a month.

2 cars and a ski...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information