Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Removing head on RXP tips needed,

I have been searching for any information on changing the head on a RXP?
    does anyone have any tips they want to share?

+1
    DO NOT drop the timing chain down into the block...use a long zip tie and tie it around the chain so that way you can bring it right back up on install..Be careful not to drop the SS washer off the TOPS valve down in the motor also when you take that off...Drain all anti freeze......if you have OEM headbolts replace them with new ones.....Here is just a few...im sure the pros will chime in with some more..

3. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    DO NOT drop the timing chain down into the block...use a long zip tie and tie it around the chain so that way you can bring it right back up on install..Be careful not to drop the SS washer off the TOPS valve down in the motor also when you take that off...Drain all anti freeze......if you have OEM headbolts replace them with new ones.....Here is just a few...im sure the pros will chime in with some more..
    What's the best way and how do you go about removing the TOPS valve so you do not drop the stainless steel thrust washer into the motor? I have a camshaft sensor that is weeping oil and it is right under the TOPs on an 07 motor, can the camshaft sensor be removed without taking off the TOPS/breather valve?

+1
    Yes one bolt and pull the sensor there is an O-ring at the base no need to remove the TOPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by RXPteamtimebomb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    What's the best way and how do you go about removing the TOPS valve so you do not drop the stainless steel thrust washer into the motor? I have a camshaft sensor that is weeping oil and it is right under the TOPs on an 07 motor, can the camshaft sensor be removed without taking off the TOPS/breather valve?

+1
    Great, thank you, I am going to pull the camshaft sensor and check the o ring, maybe seal it up better.. If it is in fact the TOPS valve weeping oil, any tips or special way to remove it so you don't drop the stainless steel thrust washer in the motor?

+1
    The washer should stay in the plastic gear holder once the valve is out of the way you can remove the washer.

+1
    So it should stay in place once I pull the valve out? And not come out with the valve, but won't just fall in the motor? What causes it to fall in?

+1
    So it should stay in place once I pull the valve out? And not come out with the valve, but won't just fall in the motor? What causes it to fall in?
    Unfortunately ignorance

+1
    And gravity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocman View Post
    Unfortunately ignorance

+1
    Haha, well excuse my ignorance, but I've never had to pull it, just looking for a tip on how to make sure I don't drop it in the motor once I pull the valve.. What's holding it in after I pull the valve? And how do I pull the valve so it doesn't drop in the motor?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information