Thread: 2012 vx deluxe

2012 vx deluxe

Hey guys I just bought this ski brand new yesterday and was wondering if there are any upgrades for it. I know its not the best ski to mod but hey why not! I was thinking a k&n filter bolted onto the tb but not sure if that would be ok. It would also be nice to have a bit of a nice tone from the exhaust if possible. I like how I have heard some with a nice deep tone and would like mine to be close to that.

Any advice would be great! This is my first 4 stroke so be easy lol

I was just about to post the same thread up for my buddy. He also has a vx deluxe & wants a couple mods to put on it. I think he is going to do the riva grate, r&d air filter (might buy some kanaflex & make a custom one. He really wants to do an after market ride plate, but one isn't offered for the vx. I know the ride plate should maybe help his nose diving when the ski decelerates, but not 100% sure. Sorry for thread jacking your thread, but I was kind of wondering the same thing.

+1
    DIY free flow exhaust will make it sound meaner but not add any performance gains.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    A Vx Deluxe is what it is, I would find another ski to mod if that is your goal.....

+1
    For what it is a stock VX works just fine. I've done a ribbon delete,water box removal and replaced the stock air filter with a R&D....ran the same speed. It might come out the hole a hair quicker that's all. If anything I'll reinstall the water box,resonates around 2000-5000rpm.

I am not looking for a lot more speed. Hole shot would be the best since I will be towing a tube soon with it and some people that I will be towing aren't exactly small lol. I was thinking a different prop for it would help and grate and be pretty good. I know that the DIY exhaust wouldn't help but I was figuring for the sound but now my wife likes how quiet it is so that isn't going to happen.

Also after the water box there is a plastic box that is right before the exit into the pump area. What is that box? seems like its just a resonator like on a car

I am searching the ribbon delete and I see it mostly done on the higher performance skis. Does it make a difference on the VX ski?

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Its like a catalytic converter on the exhaust of a car but its on the intake side of the ski acting as a flame aresstor....no reason to remove it if you arent going to open the exhaust......Refer to post #4....

+1
    I put vx deluxe stickers on my vxs and it ran great. I was in the low 70's yesterday...i def think it was the stickers!!! If the wife likes the quietness of the ski i would leave it alone...happy wife= happy life

Thread Information