How to set FPR PSI

ok so i have read many post and some say to set regulator with craft off and others say set psi with engine running.

as per the riva instruction manual is clearly states that psi should be set with engine on, once desired psi is set rev the engine a few time to confirm the needle will sit back at the desired psi.

ok i am confused do we set it with engine off and pump running or engine on?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DR2006RXP View Post
    ok so i have read many post and some say to set regulator with craft off and others say set psi with engine running.

as per the riva instruction manual is clearly states that psi should be set with engine on, once desired psi is set rev the engine a few time to confirm the needle will sit back at the desired psi.

ok i am confused do we set it with engine off and pump running or engine on?
    you can't set psi when the engine is off. There is no psi. If you don't have a AFR gauge, which you should, then set it to 58-60psi without a reference line. You need a AFR gauge to determine what pressure you need as well as whether or not you need the BR line.

I personally always set the fuel pressure at about 45-50 PSI above the pressure in the intake. When the motor is dead, the pressure is in the intake is 100 KPA absolute or 14.7 PSI absolute or 0 PSI gauge.

When you fire up the motor the Pressure in the intake will drop about 7 PSI and the pressure in the rail will also drop about that same 7 PSI and will show 40 PSI as the motor idles.

When you get on boost the pressure in the intake will be about 14.7 PSI gauge and the pressure will be about 62 PSI. This all assumes you have enough fuel pump to hold these pressures in the rail at WOT. Many pumps do not. The WOT stuff is typically done on the dyno or with a pressure transducer in the fuel rail and logged on the data loggers.

Andy

Autism Speaks. Its Time To Listen gOt BoOsT's Avatar
    +1
    All you need is a starting point that works fairly good with your current tune. It doesnt matter how you set it, but if you do it with the engine off, you have to remember it will pull about 7 psi out once its running if using rr.

i set it with no vacuum line, psi set 58 non rising. the rising 1:1 was causing a to rich on boost here are the logs so far.
    1st is a base tune or starting point

2nd is with -10% on top

3rd is with -15% on top

You really need the RRFPR hooked up. All boosted motors need one. Let the CMD do its magic.

Andy

Banned User
    +1
    As far as I know, CMD's run static...no reference line.

+1
    the cmd does not care if you use a rrfpr or not
    but your injectors do... below 40psi fuel psi and most injectors will not work correctly
    why would anyone want to use a pre made fuel map when you can take make any map better with the cmd

Quote Originally Posted by skidoochris View Post
    the cmd does not care if you use a rrfpr or not
    but your injectors do... below 40psi fuel psi and most injectors will not work correctly
    why would anyone want to use a pre made fuel map when you can take make any map better with the cmd
    i have my fuel set at 58 psi and the map i have is a custom map being done just for me, i get a map do logging and post the results the same day or the next day i get another map until we get it correct, so far so good after every new tune afr is getting much better and hp is going up.

Thread Information