Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

injector testing

My 2002 Genesis has blown a hole in the center cylinder for the second time I would assume that I have a bad injector that is leaning it out the other cylinders look great
    does any body know where I can get them tested.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Hmmm

Have you checked all the related stuff, like fuel pressure under load, voltage on White/Red wire under load?

Is the 'bad' injector leaking or showing brown or black seepage around the cylinder head mounting for the injector?

Correct spark plugs installed?

+1
    I have checked fuel pressure it was good , voltage the last time I checked it was, no leaking head is clean and the plugs as I did find out the first year I had it only use the OEM plugs no sub. The other cylinders look great nice brown color to the head and pistons. That is why I want to get injectors check.

DFI lists some injector work on their website geared mostly toward the outboards, but they are basically the same injectors. Dont know if they can work on the PWC injectors or not.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by buddyw View Post
    I have checked fuel pressure it was good , voltage the last time I checked it was, no leaking head is clean and the plugs as I did find out the first year I had it only use the OEM plugs no sub. The other cylinders look great nice brown color to the head and pistons. That is why I want to get injectors check.
    I am not aware of any reasonable way to check a Ficht injector. They are very different from automotive fuel injectors, do not work the same way at all.

It is possible, I believe, for a weak EMM's electrical drive signal to an injector to result in a lean condition on a single cylinder. Generally speaking, lean burn piston damage in Ficht engines is caused by low fuel pressure (or possibly weak injector voltage at speed, under load), but the actual Ficht fuel injector can go bad. Not often, but it can happen.

The Polaris 'official' repair method would be to install a new 'Service Replacement' fuel injector, use the special software disc to update the EMM with the replacement injector's flow data, then test run the engine. Or just call it repaired and bill the customer for the new injector.

Service Replacement injectors come with a special floppy disc to update the EMM, and it is this software update that makes them different from other injectors. The individual 2000-2004 Ficht injectors are all similar, but not identical. Each has its own special 'compensation' parameters which get programmed into the EMM at the factory, per injector.

Practically speaking, you can just install another used Ficht injector (2002-2004 models) without actually updating the EMM. The replacement injector may or may not flow similarly to the old injector, or it may run somewhat rich or somewhat lean. The lean possibility is the one to worry about, of course. It is not possible to simply look at an injector and know whether it tends to the lean or rich side.

+1
    Just talked to DFI and they can not test Polaris injectors only OMC they test different . now for more searching on what to do.

+1
    Been searching for somebody to test the injectors, I found a company out in Las Vegas called injector king, any body have any idea if there are any good?? they said they can clean and test them.

+1
    Been searching for somebody to test the injectors, I found a company out in Las Vegas called injector king, any body have any idea if there are any good?? they said they can clean and test them.
    They understand these Ficht fuel injectors are NOT anything like automotive fuel injectors?

The Ficht fuel injector is actually an electrically driven high pressure solenoid RAM fuel pump integrated with a precision poppet valve tip, not a simple spray nozzle and integral electric valve.

+1
    They advertise they do I called them and they said no problem???

+1
    They advertise they do I called them and they said no problem???
    Link to the advertisement?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information