Is this the bleed air valve

I think it is. I've tried to search for a test but am not coming up with anything in dummy terms. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo-1.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	301759

+1
    bypass valve, relief valve, if the engine is idling it should exhaust pull the large vacuum hose looking tube off and you will here it, increase rpms and it should close off to produce boost to the intake.

Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    bypass valve, relief valve, if the engine is idling it should exhaust pull the large vacuum hose looking tube off and you will here it, increase rpms and it should close off to produce boost to the intake.
    ok I know the tube you are talking about I think it goes to the head right? I'll try that. when I look in it in that pic where the hose is off it's totally open with just a clean rod and looks like some sort of diaphragm pushed up to the top. does that sound right?

+1
    no it doesn't go to the head it goes to the air intake above the fuel tank. actually just noticed in your pic the hose is removed anyway..yes you are correct in what you are seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by robby212 View Post
    ok I know the tube you are talking about I think it goes to the head right? I'll try that. when I look in it in that pic where the hose is off it's totally open with just a clean rod and looks like some sort of diaphragm pushed up to the top. does that sound right?

no it doesn't go to the head it goes to the air intake above the fuel tank. actually just noticed in your pic the hose is removed anyway..yes you are correct in what you are seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by robby212 View Post
    Mine came with the hose that goes to the intake right where the BOV hose goes as well. The hose was taken of and now there is just a cone type filter on there. Is is ok to run it that way?

+1
    yes some remove it and use the filter for added bling noise lol

awesome thanks for all the help! I'm going to try that test tomorrow or saturday.

Thread Information