J-pipe/water box info

Been a while...

I got a question for those in the know....

What's the clearance distance between the end of the J-pipe and the inside bottom of the oem water box?

tia

+1
    i dont know the measurement.......... BUT if u take the Jpipe out and measure from the bottom of the water box to the top of the water box outlet..........then stick the Jpipe back in without the coupler and see how far it sets into the box remove the Jpipe measure from the point the Jpipe touched the water box to the end of the Jpipe that was inside the box.......subtract those two measurements and thats the distance within approx 1/4" (depending how close u get Jpipe back to box when coupler is on) as to how far the Jpipe is from the bottom of the water box...........BET!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by REID2168 View Post
    i dont know the measurement.......... BUT if u take the Jpipe out and measure from the bottom of the water box to the top of the water box outlet..........then stick the Jpipe back in without the coupler and see how far it sets into the box remove the Jpipe measure from the point the Jpipe touched the water box to the end of the Jpipe that was inside the box.......subtract those two measurements and thats the distance within approx 1/4" (depending how close u get Jpipe back to box when coupler is on) as to how far the Jpipe is from the bottom of the water box...........BET!!!!!!!!!!
    Heh...yeah well...I figured that much.

Call me a lazy bastard....was hoping someone had that number in their head and could save me the wrenchn.

+1
    IF i remember right it is no more than an inch...Danny and i measured this some time ago on a blown out box do to a flared J-pipe...

+1
    What's a stock waterbox? You have one of these? I've heard about them on the History Channel before.

Thanks, Snoman.

I installed my torque plate and had to increase the depth at which the J-pipe sits in the waterbox.

I'll pull it and put the portaband to the end of the J-pipe. I had her out on the water...run for a bit...didn't see any real gain but I coulda been choking it down a bit too. Hopefully I didn't hurt anything.

Thread Information