Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

R&D extended VS OEM Metal Trim tabs

Ive been searching and the results are mostly "Metal tabs for sale". or "get extended or Metal OEM"
    I haven't found much info on Metal OEM vs R&D trim tabs. has anyone tested between the two? I ride in large lakes with a lot of chop and wake boats all over. All stock GP1300r

+1
    When i got my 06 gpr it had r&d extended tabs from previous owner i was told it was holding me back so i found some stock metal ones and swapped them out....the ext ones were keeping nose down due to length so after going with stockers...nose up less hull in water then stagger sponsons. Drill/ cut center oblong hole out then front screw in bottom hole and rear in top hole middle bolt now fits in center of center area.use loctite for reinstall. Then add that to ur preride ck list. I have a set i posted in ur smooth out the ride thread...u pay for shipping and they are yours...Bruce

3. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by 1200 stx-r View Post
    When i got my 06 gpr it had r&d extended tabs from previous owner i was told it was holding me back so i found some stock metal ones and swapped them out....the ext ones were keeping nose down due to length so after going with stockers...nose up less hull in water then stagger sponsons. Drill/ cut center oblong hole out then front screw in bottom hole and rear in top hole middle bolt now fits in center of center area.use loctite for reinstall. Then add that to ur preride ck list. I have a set i posted in ur smooth out the ride thread...u pay for shipping and they are yours...Bruce
    Staggered last night and the grate should be here in the morning. Thanks for the tips, I didn't put loctite the on the bolts :/ Went out and picked up some blue to correct that. PM sent, thank you very much

+1
    I will mail out tabs today then pm you amount to paypal. Thanks Bruce

+1
    Tabs mailed. Should be to you tues/wed. Ck ur inbox for my pm's regarding cost. Thanks,Bruce

7. +1 by:

Thank you Bruce! Paypal sent!

Tabs mailed. Should be to you tues/wed. Ck ur inbox for my pm's regarding cost. Thanks,Bruce
    they came in and looked great! if I decide to go with an R&D extended at some point ill ether send them back to you or pass them along to another needy GPR. thanks again

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by faredo View Post
    they came in and looked great! if I decide to go with an R&D extended at some point ill ether send them back to you or pass them along to another needy GPR. thanks again
    IMO u would be going backwards in progress if you go to extended tabs but it's your choice. I def don't need them back. Thanks for helping me clear some space!!

+1
    take the OEM metal tabs shim down .120 (use longer bolts )and try.what ride plate?

Quote Originally Posted by chip View Post
    take the OEM metal tabs shim down .120 (use longer bolts )and try.what ride plate?
    OEM im told its better for chop unless I pick up the shredmaster. Ill be able to test this weekend

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information