Requesting recommendations on Covers for 300X skis

I have two 2012 Ultra 300x skis. Normally, they live on the trailer in the garage, but will live outside on the trailer for this year while a new garage is being built. I expect to use them regularly, but they may be sitting for up to two weeks at a time on the trailer parked near the ocean, hopefully in a shaded area (under an open deck), but it's possible they could be in the sun.

Looking for recommendations on covers, taking into consideration quality vs. price trade-offs. They should be back in the garage by next June, at which point it would be nice if the cover could also be used over the winter in the garage, but I know outdoor covers do not necessarily make the best indoor covers, so maybe that shouldn't matter. Also, it would be good to have something that has quality fit so the covers can be on when transporting on the road.

Any advice would be appreciated, including recommended vendors to purchase from. Located in Northeast US.

Thanks!

+1
    if i were you i would go with the OEM cover, it fit perfectly, it's good quality and you can even tow your ski on the trailer with the cover on without being scared that it will rip off or loose it. The dealer you bought the skis from should at least give you the cover at cost price if he's not a stealer. my skis as always come with cover form the dealer at no charges without even asking for it.

+1
    I have a grey/bk OEM cover for you, only 1 yr old,no stains......problem is there are a few tears 2-3 inches, 3 I believe caused by branches slicing thru by superstorm Sandy..I'll sell to you for $50 including shipping...let me know if you want pics..
    Last edited by jetdave56; 05-24-2013 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harley Davidson View Post
    I have two 2012 Ultra 300x skis. Normally, they live on the trailer in the garage, but will live outside on the trailer for this year while a new garage is being built. I expect to use them regularly, but they may be sitting for up to two weeks at a time on the trailer parked near the ocean, hopefully in a shaded area (under an open deck), but it's possible they could be in the sun.

Looking for recommendations on covers, taking into consideration quality vs. price trade-offs. They should be back in the garage by next June, at which point it would be nice if the cover could also be used over the winter in the garage, but I know outdoor covers do not necessarily make the best indoor covers, so maybe that shouldn't matter. Also, it would be good to have something that has quality fit so the covers can be on when transporting on the road.

Any advice would be appreciated, including recommended vendors to purchase from. Located in Northeast US.

Thanks!
    Cover or no cover, I would not leave those Skis outside this winter (especially in Maine). Come next spring those Skis won't be happy. Instead, i would look for temporary indoor storage while your Garage is being rebuilt. JB

+1
    I've tried several different types of covers, nothing beats an OEM Kawasaki cover. JetTribe makes some nice covers, but I haven't found one that fits yet.

6. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    I've tried several different types of covers, nothing beats an OEM Kawasaki cover. JetTribe makes some nice covers, but I haven't found one that fits yet.
    I don't know I had an oem since new and it was already faded. It also fell apart last year and I got a Sunbrella one that fits as good and seems of higher quality. Made by Carver. Coversdirect sells them. It also has a 5 year warranty, zero on the Kawi oem cover. And cheaper.

Thread Information