Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What pipe is best for a Waveblaster 62t 701?

Hey guys I'm interested in purchasing a Factory pipe and waterbox for my 96 Waveblaster with the 701 62t motor with dual carbs. I checked out the Factory web site and they have 3 choices (dry, limited, and mod pipes). Which pipe would work best with the few bolt on mods(msd ignition box, B reeds with spacer blocks, stock pump and impeller) I have installed to my pretty much stock motor. I want to keep my reliability so if there is a better pipe out there to purchase let me kwow. Thanks

+1
    You ought to try Bill Cosca at Cosca performance. I believe he has that engine down along with the pipe.

Another good alternative is Group K (Harry and Gerhart). They have put together a conservative package on the blaster that works very well. Their focus is the cylinder, jetting and head compression. I believe that their mild porting and compression yeilds better HP, and this is done with the stocker pipe. They are worth a shot.

I had a RIVA pipe on my blaster back in the day and it worked well, but many others were sold on the Factory .

If I were to do it over again, I'd go with Group K for reliability as well as performance.

+1
    It can be done, but you are going to be hard pressed to beat the stocker water box.

Best to spend your money on other things like a new impeller or a ride plate to settle your Blaster down when you get the extra horses. With the extra hp it will be much more responsive and have a tendency to want to jump out of the water, especially in the hole shot.

130fe

Go with the Factory Mod B pipe. I've installed many of these in the past and have had relly good luck with them. (ported & un-ported motors) Salty's correct on the waterbox. For performance, the stock one is hard to beat. However, the stock waterbox likes to "explode" when the engine backfires. If you can, replace it. I prefer the Riva waterbox because it performs like the stock, and it fits in the hull very nice, unlike any of the other aftermarket boxes I've seen. From there, go with a Solas 13/17 Concord, then do a girdle head @ about 185 lbs of comp. As long as things are installed correctly, that boat will "thump" with no probs. (make sure you run 92-93 fresh gas!)

Have Fun!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bamf View Post
    130fe

Go with the Factory Mod B pipe. I've installed many of these in the past and have had relly good luck with them. (ported & un-ported motors) Salty's correct on the waterbox. For performance, the stock one is hard to beat. However, the stock waterbox likes to "explode" when the engine backfires. If you can, replace it. I prefer the Riva waterbox because it performs like the stock, and it fits in the hull very nice, unlike any of the other aftermarket boxes I've seen. From there, go with a Solas 13/17 Concord, then do a girdle head @ about 185 lbs of comp. As long as things are installed correctly, that boat will "thump" with no probs. (make sure you run 92-93 fresh gas!)

Have Fun!
    +1 excellant choice and advice...follow it.

+1
    The Factory MOD pipe is the 'bomb' on a stock 701 Blaster, we put one on ours, and it was a way bigger improvement than a major porting/compression/overbore on our SuperJet. Its the best single improvement I've ever done on a watercraft.

You can also put a 701 raider box in the back and foam it in works great and opens up some room in the front,TJ

Thanks for the great info guys. I appreciate it.

factory b pipe
    i personally like the mod chanber (raider ) but i use the other in same of my blasters and work fine
    change the prop to a solas i

What jetting changes would I have to make with the Factory mod pipe?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information