Swapping hulls on a 2000 ZXI 1100

A friend was riding and a section of my hull broke off/out. The motor, fuel tank & oil tank have been flushed and it starts right up. I found a clean used hull for the swap but I need to know what I'll need to do with TPW registration-wise to keep legal. Any help greatly appreciated...

+1
    I think that depends on the state you're in. In NJ to be completely legal you would have to transfer ownership of new hull and have that registered, you could also remove the HIN and replace with the HIN you are scrapping, the one you have already registered. Not that I condone this practice The HIN is supposed to be attached(not by screws) to the hull permanantly. Some 5200 would work fine

Thanks for the replay. I'll try to find a hull with a title.

+1
    Your hull just broke?!?! Hmmm...

In Texas, as you know, JetSkis have titles. To be legal, the HIN must match the paperwork and swapping and/or altering is not legal. That said, keep in mind that the HIN data plate is located in TWO places on your hull. Not sure on the 1100 ZXi, but on many of them, the second one is under the battery mount.

Just a note, the external tag is only secured with plastic rivets. If it is torn off, Kawasaki will NOT provide a replacement.

+1
    All boats have the HIN on the transom and inside somewhere and I think you are correct Steve about the second being under the battery. If it were my "friend" wink, wink, I would tell him to remove both HIN badges on the ski he already has registered and put them on the new hull, provided they were both 1100zxi hulls. Realistically there would be no way to prove that your friend has falsified the paperwork. For all anyone knows your friend purchased it like that. In NJ there arent any actual titles for jet skis. The DMV has a bill of sale that could be made on anyones home computer and the buyer and seller have to get this piece of paper notorized. The whole process is a joke. I won't even get started on trailers. Chris

Thread Information