Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

2001 GPR draining ol fuel

Another question.
    What is the best way to drain the old fuel from the gastank without removing the engine and take the tank out.
    Donīt want to stick a hose in the tank suck on it and ending up wit a mouth full of fuel an be a potentional torch for the rest of the day

Jefferson City MO (Ride at Lake of the Ozarks)
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Predator-x View Post
    Another question.
    What is the best way to drain the old fuel from the gastank without removing the engine and take the tank out.
    Donīt want to stick a hose in the tank suck on it and ending up wit a mouth full of fuel an be a potentional torch for the rest of the day
    Get a Super Siphon (or whatever other variant is out there). You shake it to start the siphon process. Wont get ALL the gas though.

Banned User
    +1
    Oil/fuel extractor

+1
    I pull the front bucket out and remove the reserve line and connect a electric fuel pump to it. i have one i pulled off a 7.3 ford diesel frame mounted kind. works great.

5. +1 by:

+1
    I used one of these:

http://www.harborfreight.com/multi-u...ump-66418.html

I placed the tubes in the sun for 15-20mins to warm them up and make them straighter and I removed the elbow at the gas tank then slipped the longer tube into the tank and started pumping. After you remove all of the gas, siphon a little bit of oil and work it into the siphon so the gas doesn't eat up anything just in case.

+1
    Thanks no i know what to look for, harborfreight doesnīt seems to ship overseas so i found a similar one on ebay from the UK .
    Will try the hand pump ,canīt get my hands on a electric one on short notice.

+1
    Could borrow a electric pump today and drained the fuel connected to the reserve line ,had to drain a half tank of gas .
    Now i want to add the new fuel but i have two cans filled with fuel, one premix and one regular ,i labeled the premix can but the label came of now i dont
    know wich one to add.
    Is there a trick to determin witch fuel has oil in it and witch is regular ?

+1
    Premix looks bluish usually (from the oil color) and straight gas looks clear/yellowish.

i add the oil directly to the fuel tank then add the gas, i keep the gas cans unmixed in case i need some gas for one of my other power equipment or one of my automobiles. the fuel with the oil in it will have a bluish looking color to it. the regular gas should have a yellowish color to it unless you have 100 octane or higher.
    Quote Originally Posted by Predator-x View Post
    Could borrow a electric pump today and drained the fuel connected to the reserve line ,had to drain a half tank of gas .
    Now i want to add the new fuel but i have two cans filled with fuel, one premix and one regular ,i labeled the premix can but the label came of now i dont
    know wich one to add.
    Is there a trick to determin witch fuel has oil in it and witch is regular ?

+1
    Hmmmm canīt see any difference in color ,i always have spare gas in a can in case i run out and driving to the nearest gasstation is a long drive when iīm at the beach.
    Normal i add the oil to the tank and the fill it up so it wil mix ,but the cans i mix before i use them in case i forget to add oil.
    I was thinking to put a little fuel from both cans on a piece of paper en let it vaporate ,the one with oil must leave a greasy mark right ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information