Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Big Ski with range

Im hoping some of you can lend your experience and expertize on a good big ski. I currently have 2 stx-15f ski that im very pleased with, however the wife does not care to get tossed around at all and would like a ski that rides smoother. We currently ride in the river and occasionally in the ocean with 2-3 ft waves. I was looking at the FX HO and SHO and would really prefer the SHO for the extra power for me when she doesn't go. We do very few high speed runs and alot of cruising (45-50) and pulling the occasional tube.

Soo, is the SHO capable of the same range as my current 15f or is it going to run out of gas much sooner? Will the FX HO have comparable range?

+1
    It can get great gas mileage if you can stay out of the boost.
    It's all in how you ride.
    Wot time is going to suck some fuel.
    Any s/c ski is going to be the same.

+1
    The HO will get pretty good mileage, I haven't filled my VXR up in a few outtings

Quote Originally Posted by Dramabeats View Post
    The HO will get pretty good mileage, I haven't filled my VXR up in a few outtings
    WOW I have never put mine on the trailer without the fuel alarm beeping lol

+1
    The other option is Kawasaki Ultra (for your wife). It's got the same engine as your 15f's, but the 300x hull. Very good in rough water. It definitely won't be as "fun" as the SHO, but your wife will probably love it

+1
    You can also buy a fuel cell for the fx sho, that will give you 6 extra gallons of fuel ... .

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelle View Post
    You can also buy a fuel cell for the fx sho, that will give you 6 extra gallons of fuel ... .
    Where do you get that at? I would be very interested in one. Thanks

+1
    You can buy them from steven friebe, he makes them, just sent him a message (559) 313-1167, i believe he has one in stock, he is a great guy.

+1
    We have one of each, HO and SHO, latest models. No doubt that if you enjoy the delights of the SHO it's gonna cost you in fuel and range, the HO can be ridden harder with much less penalty.

Less of a performance difference than you might imagine, HO is actually a touch quicker first couple of seconds of holeshot, feels like a finer pitch on the impeller plus no brute force cavitation plus higher compression engine that doesn't have to wait for boost to build. Once SHO has 5000+ rpm it's going places fast, runs out hard on top end, wouldn't say HO is ever that far behind... My wife with less weight and a lower fuel load stands a good chance of beating me on SHO in initial holeshot. SHO grunt stands out when load applied like hard turning then fast exit...

At least HO consistently gets what it gets, without variables of atmospherics affecting boost affecting boost limit affecting ECU affecting rpm affecting boost... ** Heavy Sigh** sometimes protections built into stock ECU can frustrate (if you don't want to reflash...)

Both have ribbon delete, HO feels and sounds more raw and visceral, on SHO supercharger seems to stuff sound down the induction system, so it's more smooth and turbine like, pulling very, very hard. Would find choice difficult, lucky at this point I don't have too, good luck making decision...

chrs jc

ps you know, on 2012+ it seems like there is stuff in the way under third seat, pics I've seen of fuel cells on earlier models didn't seem to have that obstruction... Not sure how they find room under that seat to fit another 6 US gal. Still, I could be wrong, it would be worth confirmation...
    Last edited by zone5; 05-26-2013 at 02:12 AM. Reason: Grammar...

+1
    A member of greenhulk from florida (abracadabra) has fitted his fuel cell from an fzs into his 2012 fx ho with only a few minor adjustments, so it's possible. Check his post

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=185842&page=8

# 80

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information