12 RXP-X seat coming apart

anyone eles having problems with the stitching on the gray patch on the top of the seat? Also every time i ride the top of the engine gets covered with what appears to be dried salt deposits..How do i stop this from happening. Thanks,Bogger

+1
    As far as it coming apart, I cant help you...But as far as it getting deposits, I can...The problem is the holes in the bottom of the seat..No matter how much you flush your ski/seat thereis always water in the foam and next time you ride and your ass bounces on the seat it drips salt water on the engine...

That is why I took my seat cover off and wrapped the seat foam in a plastic bag then had a Macc Racing seat cover installed..NEVER have to worry about the seat weighing 200 lbs from all the water, it doesnt soak up water NOR does it drip water on my engine!!!!

Thank you Tiny. That makes sense now. Its very hard to get that dried up, backed on salt off (really impossible).Tried salt away,mean green, tide and a brush and nothing. Any suggestions before i ruin a new ski.

+1
    Just cover your foam before it gets worse.....If you have small hands,a Mr Clean Magic Eraser works like magic on all kinds of stains and hard to remove dirt...It might work....

+1
    I covered my holes up with black duct tape over the engine and spray and clean the engine with dawn and water, then apply wd-40, my salt deposits never stick. I would have done what Tiny did with the plastic but didn't want the hassle so the duct tape works good. I do remove my seat and stand it up to drain it after every ride.

Sea-doo is sending me a new seat under warranty (sitching comin undone ), if I were to take off the cover where do I get the staples ( how long and what gun). I think it's going to happen again cause I ride it like I stole it. Been setting out bouys and carving the corners like a crotch rocket. Anyone want to buy a 13 rxt-x 11 hrs. 13,000?

+1
    I am not sure of the size, but make sure you use STAINLESS STEEL staples...To avoid the hassles and time consumption and wanted to make sure it looked great, I took mine to a local trim shop, tey charged me $75 to remove, wrap in plastic and install new cover....

+1
    I just covered the holes using hot glue (hot silicone gun). Never had an issue since then .The drawback is that the seat is harder to drain but my motor is safe..! Although older skis that did not had that holes..still their seats hold on.

Thread Information