Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

eBay intercoolers

Has anybody ever tried one of the el cheapo inter coolers from eBay? Such as
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-x12-X4-5-...763352&vxp=mtr

+1
    lol oh man thats super cheap... I purchased a 100 dollar exhaust manifold for my Nissan on Ebay from a company called Project Godspeed and with a little bit of reinforcement its been holding 750 HP for the past year lol.

Someone should snag one of these and put it to a pressure test see what happens.

+1
    same Chinese xs intercooler many use (me too)
    great for low boost and cool water use

Quote Originally Posted by Boost-A-Holic View Post
    lol oh man thats super cheap... I purchased a 100 dollar exhaust manifold for my Nissan on Ebay from a company called Project Godspeed and with a little bit of reinforcement its been holding 750 HP for the past year lol.

Someone should snag one of these and put it to a pressure test see what happens.
    I am thinking about it. Can't be much worse than the 10/11 stock ones.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyro View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Boost-A-Holic View Post

I am thinking about it. Can't be much worse than the 10/11 stock ones.
    lol.

+1
    I first used this very intercooler in 2006 on my 2006 RXP. That boat went 80 pluse for a year and a half and over 100 hrs--never any issues. Sold the boat --bought a new 2008 RXP-X--bought another of the same cheapo intercooler--that boat ran 76 MPH--stuffed me so I sold it--it had 60 plus hours and no issues. Next boat a 2008 RXT-X (scopes old boat)--his stock intercooler leaked--again bought this same cheapo intercooler--no issues for over 100 hours--sold the boat. Now have a 2007 RXT which I installed another of these same cheapo intercoolers
    early last year--it now has over 100 hours on it and no issues. I find them to perform as good or better as all the high dollar ones. Only mod I make to them is a bleed line which dumps out the side of the boat.

7. +1 by:

+1
    there's a better one for $115. Distributes the charge more evenly over the core. Also has 3" in/out. It's not as simple as plopping it in though. Be prepared to modify the hell out of a bracket and bend the SC side of said bracket with a torch and a friend.

+1
    I'm going with a type 51 frozenboost next. Don't give a F what people say about FrozenBoost (just yapping off like usual), they perform well.

This was my first fitting. My piping is perfect now.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0401.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	302002

+1
    i think im gonna buy that xs style IC for a friends RXP as a gift....see what happens lol

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by imp0ster View Post
    there's a better one for $115. Distributes the charge more evenly over the core. Also has 3" in/out. It's not as simple as plopping it in though. Be prepared to modify the hell out of a bracket and bend the SC side of said bracket with a torch and a friend.
    I have that 88.00 ic in my Gprxp and it holds up well, only a 40-60 rpm drop after heat soak at wot. The advertised 2.5 I/O is wrong, they are 3". I have also installed it in a buddy's ski when his Riva took a piss and it actually ran as good as the Riva when it was still good. Splitting hairs for performance at a 400.00+ is not worth it to me.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information