Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

warning light after manifold upgrade

Did the RD sleeve this weekend. Fired right up and almost instantly had a beep and warning light. Everything is plugged in correctly anything else I should look for?? I'm planning to disconnect the battery for the night than restart it in the AM. (I did not disconnect the battery when I did the sleeve, forgot)

Thanks

+1
    sounds like you pinched a wire, its a pretty strait forward job, pull the manifold and double check everything

3. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by r33pwrd View Post
    Did the RD sleeve this weekend. Fired right up and almost instantly had a beep and warning light. Everything is plugged in correctly anything else I should look for?? I'm planning to disconnect the battery for the night than restart it in the AM. (I did not disconnect the battery when I did the sleeve, forgot)

Thanks
    Did you hook all the wire connectors back up and correctly? Theres a small roundish thermoswitch coupler on the front down by the zip tie boss that was easy to miss and there is also the intake air temp sensor coupler about 2/3rds of the way toward the back of the wire wrap (connects to the temp plug coming out of the middle of the intake manifold) that I almost forgot to hook back up. I'd check all those 1st, then maybe see if the map sensor tube got pinched or came unhooked? Did you download the service manual from one of the threads on here, it was a godsend in helping me figure out how to hook everything back up again when I pulled it apart a couple of weeks ago.

One more thing, I also had the same thing happen when I did the manifold but that was because when I unhooked the fuel line I spilled a little gas and went from being just above the low fuel buzzer to being just a hair under it. Took me a little while to figure out why the heck it was beeping at me... lol.

5. +1 by:

+1
    I'm 100 percent sure all connectors are plugged in but I will check again In the am (really was only 3 I had to disconnect besides the injectors and coils). I did disconnect the fuel line but I have 3/4 of a tank of gas.

I guess it's possible I pinched something but really don't know what you could pinch? I pulled the harness off the rail an laid it behind the motor when I was removing and installing the intake.

I'm hoping disconnecting the battery will do the trick. Kids are asleep so I have to wait until morning to fire it up again (ski is under my 2 year olds room and he hears it start and goes crazy in a good way)

I only used the manual for torque specs... Honestly this job was about as straight forward as I have had on a ski (says the guy with a check engine light lol).

+1
    Just re inspected. 100 percent there is nothing pinched between manifold and head. Also all connectors are plugged in (checked multiple times). I did notice I had not put gas cap back on. Not sure if that would cause the light or not? Either way to bed I go and deal with in the am. Thanks guys

What alarm?? Push and should the hours button and hold it until the code come up. I think that's how you get them out...

9. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug78 View Post
    What alarm?? Push and should the hours button and hold it until the code come up. I think that's how you get them out...
    Ill try this mourning after I finish my coffee

+1
    Yes I get the official retard of the year award.

I pulled the code like said above (thanks Doug) and got code 124 (tps) so when I went to check it some dumb ass who said they checked all the connectors 5 times missed this one lol

Runs like new now

Perfect. I've done similar things and the codes bailed me out big time. I nipped a wire once under the steering and didn't know. Checked the code and it told me I had "X" problem, started checking wires related to that problem and found in no time.

13. +1 by:

+1
    Oh those codes are really God sent sometimes and can save you so many hours of trial and error.

15. +1 by:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information