Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1
    Kristian Keppel Waterholics's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Posts
    1,405
    +1
    38

    Aftermarket Intake Manifolds

    It seems to me that one of the biggest issues with engine failures on the SHO engine is due to the poor design of the V shaped intake manifold. I see most people including myself blowing pistons in the #2 and #3 cylinder. I know I can add a little fuel in the Vi-PEC and probably run safe but after spending so much money on a rebuild I'm a little paranoid. So are there any aftermarket intake manifolds that I'm just not hearing about. I know there are a few custom ones like what JD made for his ski but how come no one has brought any to market ? Is there something I'm not seeing. On the Sea-Doo side I see lots and lots of intake manifolds being made and I know it's because the stock one is plastic but still. Why aren't there any for the SHO engine. Plus they make for some really nice engine porn.


  2. #2
    yol937's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nc
    Posts
    1,071
    +1
    160
    Get the vxr manifold it is more of a log manifold with the throttle body on the end. A way better design and if u can get the vxr throttle body to it is bigger, which means more air and better low end to midrange. H20 extreme is the only other manifold I have seen for these skis that r in production. The only down fall is the flange for the throttle body is mounted on the back for use with turbo setups

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by yol937 View Post
    Get the vxr manifold it is more of a log manifold with the throttle body on the end. A way better design and if u can get the vxr throttle body to it is bigger, which means more air and better low end to midrange. H20 extreme is the only other manifold I have seen for these skis that r in production. The only down fall is the flange for the throttle body is mounted on the back for use with turbo setups
    Has anyone done this yet with noticeable gains?

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Houston Tx
    Posts
    210
    +1
    27
    Can someone build a sheet metal manifold or modify one from an import!!!!!!! PLEASSSSSSSSSE

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Houston Tx
    Posts
    210
    +1
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterholics View Post
    It seems to me that one of the biggest issues with engine failures on the SHO engine is due to the poor design of the V shaped intake manifold. I see most people including myself blowing pistons in the #2 and #3 cylinder. I know I can add a little fuel in the Vi-PEC and probably run safe but after spending so much money on a rebuild I'm a little paranoid. So are there any aftermarket intake manifolds that I'm just not hearing about. I know there are a few custom ones like what JD made for his ski but how come no one has brought any to market ? Is there something I'm not seeing. On the Sea-Doo side I see lots and lots of intake manifolds being made and I know it's because the stock one is plastic but still. Why aren't there any for the SHO engine. Plus they make for some really nice engine porn.
    All manifolds on LS engines (GM) are made of a composit plastic now-a-days! I gave a grand for a plastic LSXRT manifold last year and back in the day I forked over like 5 bills for a skunk 2 manifold for a b18

  6. #6
    big john's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Cocoa Beach, Florida, United States
    Posts
    3,395
    +1
    598
    the vxs NA would be nice, but nothing used out there as its a pretty new engine, no one has parted one out yet, and for good reason, no one is blowing them up

  7. #7
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Pembroke Pines
    Posts
    230
    +1
    9
    The 1.8 n/a is working so far, not single problem. I will stick to it till something proven its out there.

  8. #8
    Yellow93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas, United States
    Posts
    2,429
    +1
    122
    Anybody know what sort of modifications are needed to run the VXR intake on an FZR?

  9. #9
    bryantjopplin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Posts
    2,436
    +1
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert_Fzr View Post
    The 1.8 n/a is working so far, not single problem. I will stick to it till something proven its out there.
    So you have successfully used a vxr manifold in your fzr?

  10. #10
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Pembroke Pines
    Posts
    230
    +1
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by bryantjopplin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert_Fzr View Post
    The 1.8 n/a is working so far, not single problem. I will stick to it till something proven its out there.
    So you have successfully used a vxr manifold in your fzr?
    Thata correct, i am currently running a 1.8 VXR manifold with no problems so far. Intercooler was modified, also running the VXR throtle Body wich helps with accelerations. Hope it helps.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Aftermarket intake manifold bolt size?
    By x2ryder in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-30-2012, 06:43 AM
  2. WTB - Parts Ultra 150 aftermarket intake manifolds
    By x2ryder in forum Kawasaki Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-26-2012, 09:15 AM
  3. WTB Aftermarket intake manifold
    By Mulefoot in forum Kawasaki Classifieds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-20-2012, 08:21 AM
  4. WTB Aftermarket intake manifolds for a Ultra 150
    By x2ryder in forum Kawasaki Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-07-2011, 08:57 AM
  5. LOOKING for an 1100/1220 aftermarket intake manifold
    By TheTurtleMan in forum Yamaha Old School Skis
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-15-2011, 10:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •