Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Considering Adding A Trailer Box - Suggestions / Thoughts?

Hi All,

I have a 2012 EZ Loader dual PWC trailer. I use it for our Seadoo RXT and RXP pair. I am strongly considering adding a trailer box to it. Want it to look nice so thinking about a diamond plate A Frame style.

Anyone have any brands or places they look / would recommend? My trailer has the center walking platform so want to make sure the box will not be in the way of using this.

Thanks!

+1
    I bought the tradesman 21" diamond plate one from homedepot. For under 200 bucks I feel it is a good deal. There are some nicer ones but for the difference in price I did it see value in them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonkers View Post
    Hi All,

I have a 2012 EZ Loader dual PWC trailer. I use it for our Seadoo RXT and RXP pair. I am strongly considering adding a trailer box to it. Want it to look nice so thinking about a diamond plate A Frame style.

Anyone have any brands or places they look / would recommend? My trailer has the center walking platform so want to make sure the box will not be in the way of using this.

Thanks!

Thanks those were the ones I have been looking at the most the ones Home Depot and lowes carry.

Thanks!

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Here is an alternate way to mount a trailer box.

I wanted to be able to walk down between the watercraft, and easily stand at the box to rummage around inside looking for items. I also don't like straddling the trailer tongue to get at the box.

This arrangement works quite well for me. The box is bolted to the frame at three corners using flat aluminum spacers where needed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	150.8 KB 
ID:	302074

Views:	152 
Size:	162.0 KB 
ID:	302075

Views:	138 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	302076

Another great idea! Thanks. I like the look of diamond plate but unsure I want to spend the coin on one.

Went to walmart near me and got a Plastic/polycarb box for my vests, oil, etc. Works great, has hasp to lock the box and large enough to fit all the vests (five of them, oil, tools, etc). For $50 could not go wrong. Mounts to the front tongue area and will post picks for you if you want.

Don

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dontknowcrap View Post
    Went to walmart near me and got a Plastic/polycarb box for my vests, oil, etc. Works great, has hasp to lock the box and large enough to fit all the vests (five of them, oil, tools, etc). For $50 could not go wrong. Mounts to the front tongue area and will post picks for you if you want.

Don
    Be careful transporting oil inside the trailer box. If the oil container(s) get bounced too hard by the trailer on a rough road it can create a huge mess inside the box.

Anybody run trailer boxes on a a single ski trailer? My buddy owns http://www.boydwelding.com and I was thinking about having him make me a custom box with a cutout for a gas can and oil can so its not in the box.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by xxkinetikxx View Post
    Anybody run trailer boxes on a a single ski trailer? My buddy owns http://www.boydwelding.com and I was thinking about having him make me a custom box with a cutout for a gas can and oil can so its not in the box.
    If there is enough length on the tongue and some frame width to stabilize the storage box, why not?

Don't under estimate the amount of shaking and flexing the trailer frame will impose onto the storage box. The mounting must be able to handle the twisting and flexing.

I prefer to carry the oil inside the tow vehicle where it has a less violent ride. If needed, put the bottle(s) inside a huge zip lock type storage bag. Oil containers, especially once opened, just don't like being shaken. They ooze, seep, drip. If the bottle cap gets loose or the bottle cracks, it makes a real mess.

Name:	triler box.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	315153

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information