First Test Run of the Season- *PLEASE HELP* WATER IN OIL- BOGGING DOWN & WHITE SMOKE

Hey guys, took my 04 Seadoo RXP out for the first test run of the summer today, first 30 minutes or so everything was fine...just easin around, monitoring engine temp and making sure everything was running smooth and it was for then........ I was at about half throttle and all of sudden it just started bogging down, like bad gas/filed plug symptoms etc. I kept it about 25-30mph back to the boat ramp which was approx. 15 min ride back so I could check things out and change the plugs. We changed the plugs and while I was there I pulled the dipstick and noticed it looked brownish, thought to myself that wasn't exactly normal but just figured been a while since I changed my oil and I was going to do that after todays test run anyways. Well I eased back out and it immediately did the same thing with the new plugs, I came straight back to the ramp and checked oil again and it was more of a milkshake color now. At this point I load it up on the trailer and my buddy noticed more than normal white smoke coming out of the exhaust and we checked the oil stick once more on the trailer and it have even more water in the oil. this was all within ten minutes once we realized it wasn't the plugs giving the problem. I have a Riva long intake that goes to the top of hull and there wasn't any water in my hull so I know it isn't coming in through the intake, I didn't mark my coolant level before we started but the level its at now is at the seam of the reservoir so maybe an inch from the max line. With that being said any input or advice would be greatly appreciated, not a real good start to the summer. Never had any internal motor work done to this ski, I can list all mods if necessary. It still cranks up and will rev intermittently, just praying I haven't done anything major. Thanks in advance.

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Did you fill the stock IC with anti-freeze prior to it sitting through the winter?

Does your anti-freeze bottle have any oil in it?

I have an external intercooler and I checked the coolant reservoir and there is no oil in it.

+1
    I had the same problem 3 months ago, I didn't ride my ski for quite some time and the cores in the intercooler had rotted therefor water being ingested through the cooler into the engine. I was running a $2000 intercooler at the time and only used It for one season. Pull the intercooler out and pressure test it.

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Yup.... most likely a blown IC.

6. +1 by:

Do you think I did any internal damage to the ski, supercharger, etc.? And/or what is the likelihood of it being a blown head gasket?

+1
    IC not the heasgasket. Check and or replace IC and change the oil several times with cheap Wal-Mart oil and you should be good to go. DO NOT ride it further till you do this. When the oil is clean out the good stuff back in.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by quiddo15 View Post
    I had the same problem 3 months ago, I didn't ride my ski for quite some time and the cores in the intercooler had rotted therefor water being ingested through the cooler into the engine. I was running a $2000 intercooler at the time and only used It for one season. Pull the intercooler out and pressure test it.
    is that the same one your tryin to sell in the seadoo section?

Thread Information