Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2009 Sea Doo RXT IS IS/VTS buttons & cleaning question

I just picked up a used ski that is in good shape however, the IS and VTS buttons are operating intermittently. Upon review of schematics, these buttons are within the same parts module. I think that is a good thing since that gives me an indication that the intermittent problem is likely in the switch module, not somewhere else in the electrical system. Where can I find instructions on disassembling the handle bar to replace this part?

How do you guys clean under the moving deck??? I ran the ski, raised the deck and pulled the kill switch so it wouldn't go back down(it kept lowering which might relate back to my switch problem). Then I snaked rags under there to wipe down. Also, how do you get all the water out from under there? I ended up taking the license plate off my trailer and tilting it back to let all the water drain.

Thanks!

Last edited by cjhoward; 06-19-2013 at 09:08 AM.

+1
    Can't help you with the switches but for cleaning I bought myself a little vet-vac, simple Lowes or HomeDepot brand. Keep it small or else the suction nozzle gets too big. Sucks out the water very nicely. I clean it out with rags ~once per month.
    Try posting in the Seadoo Open Discussion, this section is rather slow.

Thanks much for the tip. I obtained the shop manual and the switch is now changed!

+1
    I appreciate this cleaning question as I have had the same issue. With the Zebra Mussel conditions around me, this seems rather important to us iS owners and one that I have not been able to figure out how to get rid of that water there, except by using a wet vac. Guess I go to HD this week and get one.

I have it down now. I duct taped a 3/4 inch water line into my sears shop vac and snake it under the moving deck. A half inch line may work even better(or not?). I make sure I direct the line into the detente around the shock so I get all water at the lowest point. Couple minutes, boom, done.

+1
    I will have to get a smaller hose and try the duct tape trick.

For now, I found if I use the flex hose the wet vac came with, I can get to the wells by removing the front storage box and snaking it down that way. I cannot tell if I am getting every drop or not, but I do know after getting both sides vacuumed I had about 1.5 gallons of water out of it. I have two Suspension models, but the other one is the S not the iS so it stays at the setting we put it on. Doing the iS override, the engine has to be on. Since I have not bought the water hose adapter and do not have a second person usually to control the water flow, I have not tried to raise it manually while running it out of water. However, that is the next approach. For now, the hose (1 7/8") from the vac will work if you go through the front storage area.

You don't have to run it to raise it. Just place your tether switch on the DESS post and raise the moving deck once power comes on. I also crank the tongue of the trailer down so the water runs to the front of the ski. I come from the front/side then with plenty of clearance to view where the front shocks sit in the hull which is the lowest area in the lower deck at that point.

+1
    I know I tried that and the deck did not move at all. Maybe missing some trick?

Sometimes I get the same response and I just hit the button in the other direction and it engages. I've never had it where I hit the button in the other direction and it still doesn't respond at all. After I replaced the buttons, they were WAY more true and responsive. It is the easiest fix you will ever do...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information