Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How big?

How big?

what size tubing do I need to use when I construct my rear intake? I know several guys have hacked up (improved) RIVA's intake system but I don't feel that it is necessary to hack up my factory system or purchase a RIVA kit. I basically want to reconstruct R&D's new intake. Short and simple. I do way too much jumping and turning to be drilling holes in my ski...yet! I haven't even had it 4 months. Ski is now completly stock. will I need to do any imp. mods? I had the riva free flow exhaust sleeve, I felt or saw no gain, hell it wasn't even loud at anything over 2500 RPMs so it is now sitting on the shelf. Please help winter is almost here and I need a project.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    Riva free flow? or Riva THRU-HULL?

you can use anything for an air intake... PVC, flex hose, drain pipe... just as long as it's rigid enough not to collapse. I'm building one from Sched 40 PVC and silicone rubber couplers.

I'd say start with a Intake Grate, air intake, exhaust, and SOLAS and it'll be a WHOLE NEW SKI.... i assume u got OPAS block offs already? if not, get em.

I had the free flow not thru hull. I'm on a tight budget this winter I am a college student who has too manyexpensive hobbies. I plan on installing the riva grate, riva thru hull, solas, riva sponsons, spearco intercooler. RR ECU, and a custom intake. Most of it, however, will have to wait til next April or May when I can work more than 20 hours a week. what is the diameter of the tubing out of the SC?

+1
    off the SC is either 2.5 or 2.75" .... that's the other trick, finding the right reducers and piping to be the same size... home depots by me only carry 2" and 3", nothing in between... on ebay u can find all the silicone exhaust and air intake couplers and reducers... jsut a matter of picking your pipe/tube of preference and finding the right combo or reducers and couples to make it work.

You mention u plan on installing the spearco intercooler... why that one instead of the rotax intercooler or riva intercooler?

I saw it on Jerry's home page, If its good enough for jerry it's good enough for me. It looked well fabricated, plus it was pretty and shiny!!!

+1
    Jerry no longer uses that intercooler... he used it initially then switched to Rotax and yielded better results. I guess it wasn't good enough for him, haha

See.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumb-3_184.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	22.8 KB 
ID:	1163  

If the RR IC is better than thats what I will use. The spearco looks bad ass.

+1
    i agree it looks pretty and shiny.... but even tho jerry has that intercooler on the homepage IN his ski, he doesnt use it. It's not in the ski anymore at all. and he's not using that plumbing either... i dont even think he's running a blow off valve anymore either... here's the rotax intercooler installed in his ski.

http://www.greenhulk.net/wp-content/PPGplumbing1.jpg

I sold this 87 Mitsu Montero that I spent 2 years building so I could buy my rxp. I sure do miss that thing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	raider_4_205.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	33.7 KB 
ID:	1164   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	raider_2_810.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	1165   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	raider_3_139.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	1166   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	raider1_103.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	1167  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information