Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Turbo possible air leak?

ok all you turbo members how much boost are you pushing at 7000-8000 rpm with .63 , i ask because i have only seen 12.5 on my logs with 15lb springs on the waste gate just wondering if i have a leak?

ps: i see a lot of back and forth on bov, can a turbo be ran with out a bov with out any issues?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DR2006RXP View Post
    ps: i see a lot of back and forth on bov, can a turbo be ran with out a bov with out any issues?
    can you hear the wastegate open up and dump extra pressure? If the wastegate is opening up then your hitting the 15lbs. If not then you got a leak somewhere. Is your BOV leaking?

and i think you can run up to 20lbs of boost on the stock intake manifold but thats the limit.

Autism Speaks. Its Time To Listen gOt BoOsT's Avatar
    +1
    you should be at full boost way before 7-8k and wastegate spring pressure at minimum. you either have a massive boost leak or you need to check your intake manifold for cracks/splits.

Quote Originally Posted by Boost-A-Holic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DR2006RXP View Post
    can you hear the wastegate open up and dump extra pressure? If the wastegate is opening up then your hitting the 15lbs. If not then you got a leak somewhere. Is your BOV leaking?

and i think you can run up to 20lbs of boost on the stock intake manifold but thats the limit.
    no wastegate has never opened because i have a 15lb spring and top lb logged is 12.5 so i think it is not opening before 15lb, i tested the bov it is good leak was around the weld of the bov big fucker to, i dont plan on running over 19 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by gOt BoOsT View Post
    you should be at full boost way before 7-8k and wastegate spring pressure at minimum. you either have a massive boost leak or you need to check your intake manifold for cracks/splits.
    i figured something was wrong since if at 8000k+ i am only seeing 12.5 psi of boost then something is leaking what am i suppose to rev to 15000 to get to 20lb lol.

i found the leak around the bov weld.

+1
    It would have to be one big leak - iv partially blown couplers off my S/C setup and only lost around 1psi

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_man_luke View Post
    It would have to be one big leak - iv partially blown couplers off my S/C setup and only lost around 1psi
    damn when i blow couplers i loose boost in entirety lol...even if its just a bit. I hear nothing but blower and next to no boost at all.

Quote Originally Posted by mac_man_luke View Post
    the gt3076 is capable of producing a lot more than 15lb so i figured 8000+ rpm 12.5 lb boost no waste gate opening something is wrong it was a big hidden bugger.

+1
    I bet he has a 12psi WG spring and not the 15....check the number or color

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information