Lifting Options GTR-215

I bought a new 2012 GTR-215. Ran perfect this weekend. Finally got 4 hours on the clock. Mileage is good but still not really pressing RPMS; using geen key so far.

My question:
    I bought a heavy duty 1500 lifting sling. It works just fine but is a pain to get on and off.
    Is it 'legal' to use 3 nylon only bridles through the bow eye and aft trailers eyes to lift the ski in and out of the water. I
    have to leave the nylon/metal sling in the truck and going to get them takes time at a very busy lift. If I use the nylon bridles only I
    could store them on the ski and save a lot of time and banging around. Are the trailer tie down rings strong enough to use as lift eyes?

Thanks

As you may know, off-shore, hydroplane...race boats are often lifted by cranes exactly as you describe. HOWEVER, the boat/lifting eyes are greatly reinforced. Standard issue cleats on a pleasure boat would surely not handle the stress. Sorry, but I don't if standard issue PWC hardware can do this. Race PWC are light enough that carts seem to be very popular. Maybe an internet search will show something. Please post back what you find.

+1
    Id be more worried about the long term damage you'll cause to the front of the ski from the rope or strap up against the rub rail

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    i'd be more worried about dropping the ski.

with some practice you can get the lift rig on safely in under a minute. I can typically go from getting out of the truck at my tank and have the lifting sling in place and the ski moving in that time ( I often take a bit longer, as I'm in no real hurry when it comes to moving something in and out of the test tank)

I'd give the stink eye to anybody getting impatient with that..and in a big way.

Safe is always easier on the lips then sorry.

I have a whopping 5 hours on the GTR now. Meets my expectations as far as performance, mileage and comfort are concerned.
    After my initial post above I had a look inside the hull and determined that there is not enough material there to safely lift the ski, repeatedly.
    I'll keep using my 1500 lb. lifting rig as planned. It did get easier each time I used it and the guys that run the hoist at my club are getting the hang of how to do so.
    As mentioned above patience comes into play also, no real reason to rush the in or out processes.

Thanks to all for the responses.

+1
    You want to take your time going in the water anyway. Don't get too excited. Check over everything. Make sure you have everything you need with you. I have a customer who's always in a hurry to get in the water. So far he left the oil cap off his Genesis and blew it up. Then hooked the battery up backwards on his MSX140. Then forgot the drain plugs in his ZXi and sank it. Don't rush, the water isn't going anywhere

7. +1 by:

Thread Information