Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Solas Concord Impeller 14/21 (KR-CD-14/21) Mounting Issue (2011 300X)

I was able to get the original stock Impeller off with no issues. The Impeller tool (Splined Shaft with a 22mm Nut) simply won't fit into the splines of the Solas Impeller. The Solas Impeller threads on just fine tool won't fit to tighten it... Surely wouldn't fit on the splined drive shaft either I suspect. I can't verify the fit on the drive shaft because the JetSki is +250 miles away. The tool did fit just fine in the stock Impeller. Am I missing something or is it time to send it back?!

+1
    If the part number on it is really KR-CD-14/21 and it don't fit, there is a problem with the impeller or your tool is just a bit tight, does the tool fit tight in the stock impeller?
    you better try it on the shaft first before returning it.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Jones View Post
    I was able to get the original stock Impeller off with no issues. The Impeller tool (Splined Shaft with a 22mm Nut) simply won't fit into the splines of the Solas Impeller. The Solas Impeller threads on just fine tool won't fit to tighten it... Surely wouldn't fit on the splined drive shaft either I suspect. I can't verify the fit on the drive shaft because the JetSki is +250 miles away. The tool did fit just fine in the stock Impeller. Am I missing something or is it time to send it back?!

+1
    The tool fits the stock Impeller perfectly. Not tight, and not loose. I think the splined insert in the Solas Impeller is not right... Just checking on here to see if anyone has seen the same thing, OR heard of this issue. I probably just got a bad one!?!

+1
    Check on the Solas impeller itself and make sure it is stamped with the proper number and that it was not put in the wrong box. If it is the correct impeller and does not fit contack who you got it from and see about getting it returned. I have not had this problem with any of the impellers I have used.

+1
    someone else had the same problem a few weeks ago

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=195445

6. +1 by:

+1
    did you try it with the front seal removed?

+1
    Yes, the Splined Shaft Seal on the Stock Impeller was removed prior to removing it from the Pump. The Splined Shaft Seal that comes with the Solas Impeller has not been installed yet. I was planning on waiting to torque the Impeller to specification before installing the Splined Shaft Seal.

+1
    So far I have looked at the thread "Brisyl" noted, and talked to Impros. Although this is aparently not a common problem, it has been seen before. The Impros fella mentioned also seeing this issue on both Skat Trac as well as Solas Impellers. He said he ALWAYS puts a an Impeller Wrench (Tool) in the plines of an Impeller before he ships one out! The Amazon Seller (Powersport Superstore) so far is running me around. My plan at this point is to reinstall the Stock Impeller as there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Other than getting to look over the Jet Pump condition, this apparently was a complete waste of time, effort, and money........ The lesson here is you don't necessarily get what you pay for, BUT you definitely won't get don't pay for! Vendors like Impros cost more because they do more to ensure customer satisfaction.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Solas Impeller.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	53.0 KB 
ID:	302411   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stock Impeller.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	52.7 KB 
ID:	302412  

+1
    My money, minus the shipping to me has been refunded by Amazon. This vendor (Powersport Superstore) is absolutely worthless! They ran me around for 3 weeks, had me ship the defective Impeller back at my cost, and eventually said "... I apologize for my misunderstanding, the previous e-mails are consistently getting removed and I was not able to reference every single one of them. However, I am at fault for my miscommunication and apologize for bringing further dissatisfaction sir. Once we receive we will be processing a warranty claim with Solas on your behalf and this process can take a couple of weeks...". My advice is STAY AWAY from this vendor. PERIOD!

+1
    ATTACH]
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Jones View Post
    I have a new Solas KC SC that dosent even have a place for there wrench !!!???
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG7119.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	303779   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG7117.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	75.3 KB 
ID:	303778  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information