New 2013 212SS percormance mods???

Any one have any mods that are working? 1800cc NA engines wish I had the SC motors from the FZR's

More speed is always fun. How fast does your boat go now? Mine does about 52 but It has four batteries, lots of radio stuff and the smaller 1.0 motors. Keep an eye out for some wrecked jet skis and you can make it happen one day.

Hi - I'm new to the forum so Hello!

I am all over this, I have been looking engine mods for the boats for a year or so now. I have even spoke with Riva Racing on their opinion of modifying the boats. I have been trying
    to get and inside contact @ Yamaha just to ensure that even though the specs match up perfectly, the engines are still the same setup with the same tuning calibrations and such.
    I am considering buying a '11+ 212SS and mod the NA motors extensively. I am curious about this and maybe you could help, does the boats use the same intake grate as the Waverunner?
    IF this is the case, I would first lokking into an aftermarket grate (Riva or R&D) and then going for a top-end impeller change. I have to believe that the simple ECU reflash and a good moded
    intake system for the engines would make a good difference >>>

I would also be curious about exhaust mods for the boat. I would consider doing a custom fabed thru-hull exhaust for flat-out performance!
    This might be a little loud for any tubers or skiers behind the boat but hey... I will just get a longer rope!

+1
    Supercharging makes the mpg go down significantly and is not a direct speed increase. I have done the math on other jet boat sites like yamahajetboaters.com and jetboaters.net
    The average seems to be 10 horsepower for 1 mph increase.
    http://www.rd-performance.com/newpro...a/fxho2012.asp
    These products will mostly work, but you will have to pick and choose paticular items, such as air filters and all that.
    The intake grates won't work because they are on the side of the boat and are cast at an angle.
    DON'T do the exhaust. I did a straight through exhaust with the mr-1 engine with an actual decrease in top speed. The 1.8's may be a bit different, but it's certainly not the bottleneck in these systems.
    With the MR-1 engines in a 212ss I have gone 52 on the gps. The mods to date are: Pulled the air filters, R&D velocity stacks, Mobil 1 synthetic oil, solas dynafly impellers at 14/20 (tweaked slightly to get engine rpm's matched at the 10,200 rpm redline - do a search on yamaha jet boats and pump loading), and 2 degree pump wedges, also blueprinted the pumps and used 5200 to fill all the cracks around the intake stuff.

Good luck! No one has tried to really mod the 1.8's in the boats as it's sooo expensive with everything 2x on the boats. I actually hope to replace the engines down the road for something a little more aggressive, but mine make 160 hp and the 1.8's make 180, so a jump to 180 would make it run about 55 mph. Jump up to 60 mph would be over 200 hp each engine, which, sounds great but will suck a lotta gas because you'll be supercharging by then. times 2

+1
    Interesting

+1
    What Speedling has said is right on! In my SX190 ribbon delete/intake was the best mod so far. I love the Vtech ECU reflash, but it makes the boat quicker rather than faster.

+1
    I would also add - wait with the impeller "upgrade". The OEM works very well in the boats, albeit not the smoothest by any stretch.

Thread Information