Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: 03 seadoo xp DI

  1. #1

    03 seadoo xp DI

    Got this 03 seadoo xp DI.
    its really hard to start, but does crank over fine.


    i took the plugs off, poured some fuel in there and it will fire up then shut down.

    so far i check all fuses..they are fine
    cracked the two lines going into the air/fuel rail assy. and the line from the filter shot fuel out at decent pressure.
    I left the lines open, cranked the engine and did notice fuel coming out so i would say the fuel pump is fine.

    any other ideas would be helpful.

    thanks


  2. #2
    You cannot conclude that the pump is fine by your test. The DI fuel pump must put out over 100 PSI or the engine will not run, period. You also have air pressure to worry about, the air pressure must be above a certain pressure threshold, or the engine will not run, period.

    I suggest you get the manual and refer to the diagnosis tests for fuel and air. DI's are difficult to work on for experienced mechanics.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Dood View Post
    You cannot conclude that the pump is fine by your test. The DI fuel pump must put out over 100 PSI or the engine will not run, period. You also have air pressure to worry about, the air pressure must be above a certain pressure threshold, or the engine will not run, period.

    I suggest you get the manual and refer to the diagnosis tests for fuel and air. DI's are difficult to work on for experienced mechanics.
    Yes you are right but there is some tools used that i clearly dont have so trying to get by without complicated pressure guages. So I was hoping to rule out the stuff I can get to with my tools then see what next.

  4. #4
    anyone have any ideas on setting up a pressure guage to run the tests? i do have a pressure guage but the type of coupling required i have never seen before and dont know where i can rig one up like that

  5. #5
    You are right, the fuel connectors are special. The only practical way is to cut the hose and put in a high pressure tee fitting, with high pressure clamps.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Dood View Post
    You are right, the fuel connectors are special. The only practical way is to cut the hose and put in a high pressure tee fitting, with high pressure clamps.
    yea i could do that but then it will be an issue to connect it back to the rail

  7. #7
    camaro630hp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    marietta ga
    Posts
    191
    +1
    15
    My brothers ski had same problem he removed pump sock was clogged he cleaned reinstalled now runs like a champ .

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by murjiim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Dood View Post
    You are right, the fuel connectors are special. The only practical way is to cut the hose and put in a high pressure tee fitting, with high pressure clamps.
    yea i could do that but then it will be an issue to connect it back to the rail
    No, you leave it connected to the rail, cut and insert the tee before the rail.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by camaro630hp View Post
    My brothers ski had same problem he removed pump sock was clogged he cleaned reinstalled now runs like a champ .
    you got me interested at exploring this further. What do you mean by pump sock? I would think its the filter in the tank?

  10. #10
    camaro630hp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    marietta ga
    Posts
    191
    +1
    15
    It's the sock on the end of pump in tank. It's a filter for fuel pump in tank to avoid sediment intake . You need to pull pump and sending unit and it will be the last thing that comes out of tank attached to bottom . Looks like a flat plastic paper towel

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 03 SeaDoo XP Di Bilge Pump bad..?
    By staceerocks in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-10-2012, 10:43 AM
  2. FS 03-04 seadoo xp di computer
    By 2blue in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-15-2011, 11:35 AM
  3. seadoo xp di how do i reset mainteniance light
    By macattack in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-05-2009, 09:14 AM
  4. 03 seadoo xp di problems Please help
    By macattack in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-21-2009, 07:51 AM
  5. mods for 03 seadoo xp
    By Merkledm in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-02-2009, 07:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •