+1

2006 FXHO ride plate and intake grate questions

So...it's been a long winter here in Maine and the weather has finally broke so I find myself once again trying to decide what my next upgrades will be. Last summer I replaced the pump housing with an OEM replacement and the stock impeller with a solas dynafly. I also installed R&D velocity stacks and a R&D high flow air filter as well as a Riva free flow exhaust. I think the next modifications I'll make will be a ride plate and an intake grate with a pump seal kit. I'm looking for some advice on which brand will net me the best results in hole shot and top end speed. The two brands I'm considering are Riva and R&D. Even though both offerings appear nearly identical visually, I'm sure one may have an edge over the other. Which brand will give me the best results and what can I expect once the aforementioned parts are installed? I remember reading a thread that Julio started about his mods to an FXHO (can't seem to find it), if anyone has a link to the thread I'd greatly appreciate it. Better yet, if you're reading this Julio, what's your opinion? Also, what do you think Jim? I know you modify a bunch of ride plates and therefore you must have an opinion on the two; I'm interested in your input as well.

Edit: I found the thread that Julio started so I no longer need the link. I would however, still like your input Julio. Thanks.
    Last edited by sbaird4000; 05-28-2013 at 08:38 PM.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    the best speed will be a modded R&D plate and a R&D intake grate hooks up very good in the rough.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JIM'S PERFORMANCE View Post
    the best speed will be a modded R&D plate and a R&D intake grate hooks up very good in the rough.
    Thanks for the reply, Jim. On average how much speed can I expect to gain with the R&D modded plate and the R&D grate given my current setup? I currently see 61 mph consistently on my cell phone GPS at 75 feet above sea level and 70 degree air temp. Will holeshot be significantly better? Thanks.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by sbaird4000 View Post
    Thanks for the reply, Jim. On average how much speed can I expect to gain with the R&D modded plate and the R&D grate given my current setup? I currently see 61 mph consistently on my cell phone GPS at 75 feet above sea level and 70 degree air temp. Will holeshot be significantly better? Thanks.
    modded plate will give you 3.5 on average grate only gives you better hook up.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sbaird4000 View Post
    modded plate will give you 3.5 on average grate only gives you better hook up.
    3.5 on average is a great gain and more than I expected. After reading Julio's thread I think I may leave the stock grate on so that I don't get high speed bounce. How does your modded plate handle vs. the stock ride plate?

+1
    Buddy just bought a stock 06 FXHO is the R&D velocity stacks and a R&D high flow air filter the way to go to give this machine a little more performance...if so is there any other adjustments needed when doing this mod? If you have that link handy it would be good so I can pass it on to him and of course if there is any other must do's for him aside the obvious oil and filter, it again is 06 FXHO Cruiser stock with about 69 hrs

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkCanuck View Post
    Buddy just bought a stock 06 FXHO is the R&D velocity stacks and a R&D high flow air filter the way to go to give this machine a little more performance...if so is there any other adjustments needed when doing this mod? If you have that link handy it would be good so I can pass it on to him and of course if there is any other must do's for him aside the obvious oil and filter, it again is 06 FXHO Cruiser stock with about 69 hrs
    Here's the link to Julio's FXHO build. There's a lot of useful info in this thread, enjoy. http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=146544

Thread Information