Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Vtech v1.7.29 map selection bug

Anyone else having a problem with not being able to download the maps you select and the unit downloading some maps that were not selected? It's somewhat random and it will download and delete different maps even if I select the same ones every time.

As you know there is a limited number of maps that will fit on the tuner. This issue started occurring after I had more associated with the ECU then will fit on the tuner; it prompts for the ones I want to download when I check for updates.

I did report this to Jonatan about 4 days ago but have not heard anything yet.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by silicon View Post
    Anyone else having a problem with not being able to download the maps you select and the unit downloading some maps that were not selected? It's somewhat random and it will download and delete different maps even if I select the same ones every time.

As you know there is a limited number of maps that will fit on the tuner. This issue started occurring after I had more associated with the ECU then will fit on the tuner; it prompts for the ones I want to download when I check for updates.

I did report this to Jonatan about 4 days ago but have not heard anything yet.
    Yes I had the same problem. Never got resolved. Ended up with a different tuner and a cmd

+1
    I spoke to Jonatan today, he has been away for a week. I would email again I've always found him really helpful

+1
    I’m starting to think I may have a bad map tuner. Yesterday I received a Memory Error on the map tuner hardware while I was flashing a ECU. Also when I did the sync of the map tuner to my PC it went through the process of downloading about 6 maps, some I didn’t select, and only 3 were actually on the map tuner when I went to use it. If it is bad hardware I think this is an addition to the software bug that sends me maps I don’t select on one ECU.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by silicon View Post
    Iím starting to think I may have a bad map tuner. Yesterday I received a Memory Error on the map tuner hardware while I was flashing a ECU. Also when I did the sync of the map tuner to my PC it went through the process of downloading about 6 maps, some I didnít select, and only 3 were actually on the map tuner when I went to use it. If it is bad hardware I think this is an addition to the software bug that sends me maps I donít select on one ECU.
    Guyss.. email jonathan he need so reset your map selections i was having the same issue downloading different maps even if i select another ones....he got it straight out now all good..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rt-HemiBoY View Post
    Guyss.. email jonathan he need so reset your map selections i was having the same issue downloading different maps even if i select another ones....he got it straight out now all good..
    Unfortunately several emails to Jonathan have gone unanswered since I first notified him of the issue 10 days ago. I have previously tried calling him during business hours in Sweden but his phone system is not English friendly. I suspect some of the support issues may be related to a language barrier.

+1
    When i selected maps to download to maptuner.. it put them on it then when i went to the ski and looked for the map it was labeled differently.. a whole other map?? this is very dangerous.. I went to the computer and it said I uploaded the correct map then rechecked on ski and it was completly different. What is scary is what if the map isn't really what it says it is on the maptuner when you load it into the ski? hmmm

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturm215 View Post
    When i selected maps to download to maptuner.. it put them on it then when i went to the ski and looked for the map it was labeled differently.. a whole other map?? this is very dangerous.. I went to the computer and it said I uploaded the correct map then rechecked on ski and it was completly different. What is scary is what if the map isn't really what it says it is on the maptuner when you load it into the ski? hmmm

I wouldn't be surprised if this is happening. Unfortunately there is no way to view the fuel, timing, and other details about the maps on your tuner other than trusting the file name. I did load a map once and it unexpectedly ran really bad until I reflashed; I wrote it off as too far advanced but who knows. I have had some real good results previously but now with the issues not being addressed it's frustrating.
    Last edited by Adrenaline Junkie; 06-04-2013 at 01:06 AM.

+1
    Like others have said, send Jonatan an email. I used [email protected] and also cc'd it to [email protected] and got a response within minutes. He fixed the map selection issue for me, and everything is working perfect now with the selected maps being downloaded to the handheld.

Primary Language: Sarcasm Pony Racer's Avatar
    +1
    Same issue with my tuner. Only can select 2 tunes even though 4 download 4 tunes are greyd out on the software those are the ones that download.

Sent several emails to vtech. No response as of yet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information