Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

rxt 215 upgrades

Wanting to upgrade my 2007 rxt 215. ski has 60 hours with fresh supercharger rebuild and new wear ring. Im a noob just looking for some help from the pros. the mods im wanting to do are a RIVA pump wedge (RS23050), RIVA intake grate (RS22055), impeller (SRXCD-131, and RIVA intake (RS13050-06). any advice is welcome not looking to spend a lot just wanting to beat other 215s and not wanting to buy a 255 just because I got this one very cheap.

+1
    Depends on your budget but one of the first things I would do is a 4" air intake. Don't waste your money on that 3" Riva.

where might I find a 4 inch

+1
    I got an 05 RXT last year that was running ok. Put in a 4" Kanaflex intake, removed screen from intercooler, Riva metal clutch washers and spring washers in charger, Solas 13/18 with SpeedFreeks setback mod, SpeedFreeks bellow band, OEM wear ring, R&D intake grate and bilge pump. Just had the ski out yesterday after the mods and it feels like a totaly different ski. The holeshot is really strong and the R&D grate is much better than the Riva. Search the "how to" threads and GreenHulk store for your mods.
    Also made some mirror pods for a set of 3"Poly Planar speakers and Poly Planar amp, sounds really good considering.
    Last edited by FDRXT; 05-28-2013 at 10:42 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by loganjj27 View Post
    Wanting to upgrade my 2007 rxt 215. ski has 60 hours with fresh supercharger rebuild and new wear ring. Im a noob just looking for some help from the pros. the mods im wanting to do are a RIVA pump wedge (RS23050), RIVA intake grate (RS22055), impeller (SRXCD-131, and RIVA intake (RS13050-06). any advice is welcome not looking to spend a lot just wanting to beat other 215s and not wanting to buy a 255 just because I got this one very cheap.
    If you feel up to it you can always make your own 4 inch intake cheap. grab a 4 inch SC adapter some 4 inch kanaflex tubing and a velocity stack. or you can buy the Fizzle 4 inch kit from the store on this site. An aftermarket impeller is always worth it theyre much better than the stockers as long as you have the right pitch.

Depending on how much modding you want to do later on the Riva grates are nice but any real power and they can break. The R&D grates are sweet and performe excellent in the chop. Ive run both and have the R&D now....my ski stays glued to the water. I dont know if Riva still offers a free flow exhaust kit or not but you could also make your own if you feel up to it. Free flow is a simple resonator delete so you wont be drilling into your hull like you would for a thru-hull. Little drony but the sound is aggressive.

If your willing i would look into an aftermarket waterbox. I run a TDR box on my RXP and they sound amazing....theyre also alot cheaper than the Rivas and you can even use a TDR box with your stock exhaust, just a simple box swap.

with the mods stated above your gains will be minimal mostly just more response and some sound but if you really want to pick up some power id highly recommend a supercharger impeller but considering you just spent the bread to have yours rebuilt iono how you feel about spending more on it. Riva gen 2 is a simple drop in wheel that will work on stock injetcors and gives you 9.5 lbs of boost. theyre lightweight, snappy, and reliable.

An external Intercooler will make all the difference in the world especially if you ride extended periods of time. keeps your temps down.

you say that you only want to do a few mods but i promise you when that mod bug bites youll be sick as a dog! The only thing that will cure your new found sickness will be more mods!!

ok yall talked me into it. I ordered my R&D intake grate. What's next. RIVA suggest a 13-18 prop while R&D suggest 14/19. What do yall think? and also while doing some looking it looks like a pump wedge is not offered for an 07 RXT 215?

+1
    14/19 and depitch it to get your RPMs up. I would kept the stock grate.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by imp0ster View Post
    are the stock RXT grates better than the stockers on the RXPs??? Cuz id assume he would gain somethin by swapping it out.

and i agree with the 14/19 you got more room to pitch if you mod it in the future.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Boost-A-Holic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imp0ster View Post
    are the stock RXT grates better than the stockers on the RXPs??? Cuz id assume he would gain somethin by swapping it out.

and i agree with the 14/19 you got more room to pitch if you mod it in the future.
    The RXT grate is the same as the XP just longer. on the RXT it is the fastest grate available. The R&D will hook up better at the cost of some speed.

In my testing when I come out of the water I come out. There is no staying hooked up, at least the way I ride. in decent chop the 69MPH Kawi stays with me and can pass me.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information