Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    65
    +1
    3

    gpr rocks side to side alot and bucks alot as well????normal???fix???

    getting up to a speed the ski starts to rock side to side a lot just does not seem right. This is with the sponsons regular and with them tilted forward. Noticed that it also bucks a lot like your jumping waves that are not there


  2. #2
    nunnink23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    shelton ct
    Posts
    607
    +1
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by 04gp1300r View Post
    getting up to a speed the ski starts to rock side to side a lot just does not seem right. This is with the sponsons regular and with them tilted forward. Noticed that it also bucks a lot like your jumping waves that are not there
    Maybe you have some water in your inner hull. Is it on a trailer? If so, vacuum all the water out of the main hull, or most of it. Then tilt up the tongue of the trailer as high as you can and listen for water rushing backwards. If you can hear it, you've got water in there.

    Some of it will drain out through the rear motor mounts if you take one bolt out of each rear motor mount. That shouldn't shift the motor either. Other people drill a hole in the bottom of the hull to drain it then fill the hole with marine tex.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    65
    +1
    3
    for both problems?

  4. #4
    westy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Australia (Bundaberg)
    Posts
    1,132
    +1
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by nunnink23 View Post
    Other people drill a hole in the bottom of the hull to drain it then fill the hole with marine tex.
    You only have to drill a hole in both sides at the furthest most part of the inner hull

  5. #5
    improvised tmg97gp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Midlothian Virginia USA ~ On the James River~
    Posts
    1,377
    +1
    10
    Thats the happy dance. (chine walking) GPR's do that comming up on plane. Chine walking is a good thing, it means your hull is trying to lift itself out of the water. Make it happy, go faster! GPR hulls want to chine walk from 20-30 mph or so. To help minimize it, you could add some shims under the trim tabs. But you might loose some top speed.
    Last edited by tmg97gp; 05-29-2013 at 03:07 AM.

  6. #6
    OzarkYamMonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Lake Of The Ozarks
    Posts
    2,152
    +1
    295
    DITO ... I have 2 GPRs both chine-walk a little @ about 35 mph. But you should not get the Bucking @ any speed. The chine-walking lets you know its a GPR no issues. The water in the hull concern I know nothing about goood luck with it

  7. #7
    nunnink23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    shelton ct
    Posts
    607
    +1
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by tmg97gp View Post
    Thats the happy dance. (chine walking) GPR's do that comming up on plane. Chine walking is a good thing, it means your hull is trying to lift itself out of the water. Make it happy, go faster! GPR hulls want to chine walk from 20-30 mph or so. To help minimize it, you could add some shims under the trim tabs. But you might loose some top speed.
    Lmao the happy dance

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-13-2012, 12:53 AM
  2. Any GPR VXR side by side on water pics/videos
    By Mongoose in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-26-2011, 09:47 PM
  3. WTB RXP black side vents and the black front grill.
    By BAYOU FZR in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-17-2011, 05:31 PM
  4. WTB Black side gilles and/or nose piece: buy or trade for my chrome
    By ViperRy in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-27-2010, 06:42 PM
  5. ski rocks side to side after 75 mph
    By flyboy in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-10-2007, 10:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •