Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tricked up FZR up for auction . . . Please help ID mods.

Hey guys.

I want to say how much great info I have picked up from this site. I respect the way you guys discuss your builds. So much info shared in a great spirit. Well done to all of you.

I have found an FZR up for auction. I can't get any further info from the auctioneers at this time and I was wondering if y'all could suggest what this thing might have going for it.

http://www.graysonline.com/lot/0001-...00a-k?spr=true

Please look at the photos.

What do you think ? There's some rear exhausts, some decals . . . Worth buying ? BTW - A stocker, going, sells for $14,000 down here.
    Last edited by felpro; 05-29-2013 at 07:14 AM.

+1
    It's tough to tell without knowing what SC and ECU it has, but it still has the stock airbox which I assume means the ski is almost completely stock aside from the cosmetic stuff and the exhaust. It's really tough to tell with the pictures.

Also, I would ask the seller for a pic of the piping for the exhaust as I have never seen a dual exhaust on a fzr before.

3. +1 by:

It says engine damage due to hull breach.. So be careful those motors aren't cheap

+1
    Hi and welcome to the Hulk. It is clearly a beefed-up moded ski. But the stated damage is what you must be focused on. It could mean a lot. Unless you are a wrench-turner of a somewhat good deal .... i would walk away. Look for a "Whole Ski" or minor issues. thsi one has Hull Damage & engine failure. What are you thinking????? Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by mikeFZR View Post
    It's tough to tell without knowing what SC and ECU it has, but it still has the stock airbox which I assume means the ski is almost completely stock aside from the cosmetic stuff and the exhaust. It's really tough to tell with the pictures.

Also, I would ask the seller for a pic of the piping for the exhaust as I have never seen a dual exhaust on a fzr before.
    I have asked them for more info but they were not able or willing to delve deeper or describe the specifics of the assessment made in the description. They are too far away for me to have a look. The dual outlets are intriguing and appear very well done . . . unless that's where the water came in !!

Jefferson City MO (Ride at Lake of the Ozarks)
    +1
    Love how they dont show the front right side in the pics.

+1
    Would be good parts ski for a conversion build. That's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by OzarkYamMonster View Post
    Hi and welcome to the Hulk. It is clearly a beefed-up moded ski. But the stated damage is what you must be focused on. It could mean a lot. Unless you are a wrench-turner of a somewhat good deal .... i would walk away. Look for a "Whole Ski" or minor issues. thsi one has Hull Damage & engine failure. What are you thinking????? Good Luck
    Thanks for the welcome. The rear exhausts look really well done. The Pro Circuit & Hinson decals probably mean nothing. I asked for more specific info on the "Hull Breach" & "Extensive Damage" but none was forthcoming.

Wrench-Turner ? I am a Spanner-Spinner . . . !!

+1
    Not with "extensive" engine damage. What parts left would be worth $5000+?
    Quote Originally Posted by WP3223 View Post
    Would be good parts ski for a conversion build. That's about it.

my gut feeling tells me that ski was crashed submerged and motor hydrolocked.it was probably repaired for resale and someone tried to get that thing running but couldnt so they pulled off the aftermarket parts and returned to stock what they could.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information