+1

help with reference line to rrfpr

I have a GPRSHO with an R3 reflash. I just added an ET 15.5 wheel assume I need to run a rrfpr. I have a RIVA rrfpr but don't see where to run the boost line. Can someone tell me how or send a pic of their setup. I'm thinking my Riva regulator is missing something.

+1
    Your regulator doesn't have a 1/8 barb on it? If so thats where you hook up the vacuum line and then run it to a vacuum source, the best location is tapping the front of the intake manifold and putting in a 1/8 NPT barb. Are you running different injectors or the stock ones? You can also probably get by setting your static fp to compensate for the boost, but the rising rate way will be the best way. I have an R&D rrfpr so I can't help you with a Riva setup.

In the pic on the Riva site you can see the small barbed fitting: http://www.rivayamaha.com/RivaStore/...egulator%20Kit

+1
    That's exactly what's missing. It's been replaced by a small bolt. I went to every auto parts store in the city and they told me they have never seen a barbed fitting that small. Any idea where I can get one?

+1
    Try an Ace Hardware (if they have them in Canada?), when I was looking for one for my boost gauge they had them in all the smaller sizes. I bought the one I used for the gauge at Carquest though because I needed a 1/8 NPT female for the boost gauge and the bin for that was empty/on order at the Ace I stopped at but they did carry them. If not try Amazon, they do have them also.

+1
    I have a few that I've used over the years for boost guages and such but the one required here is tiny. I'm afraid it's a specific piece that only Riva uses.

dont break your head over it disassemble the regulator top redrill and tap the hole 1/8npt and use a 1/8npt barb fitting from your local hardware.when hooking it up dont tee the reference line into anything tap the pipe between the supercharger outlet and intercooler to get the strongest signal to your regulator.

7. +1 by:

+1
    Agreed!

Last edited by tcr0148; 05-29-2013 at 12:13 PM.

be very careful where you mounted that regulator.i would move it off the engine and to the side of the hull if you have room.those braided lines are not flexible like rubber they are very strong and the engine vibration when riding can unscrew those -an fittings from the regulator real easy.just a tip

+1
    I put a little rubber pad between the brackets and also used lock nuts to prevent the bracket bolts from backing out. Good point tho......I didnt think about the vibration and the orb/an-6 fittings..........I may use some red lock tight on it.

Thread Information