Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Fishing Buddy Needed!

New to this great forum and was wondering if anybody uses their jet ski in the bays ( Galveston/Matagorda) for wade fishing shorelines/flats? I have been fishing Matagorda for a long time and is a fairly easy bay to learn and have gps/depth/ chartplotter installed just don't like to go out by myself. Any Texas saltwater anglers on here?

+1
    Yeah Slayer, I'm here. I'm ready to give Gorda a run when you are. Was that you at Gorda last Saturday? Someone on a ski in the Colorado but didn't go far and then came back in. Me and a bud were on the jetty taggin' sharks. My FX is badly broken, but I have an old GTX to ride for the moment. About to have an old GTi LE running and for sale so I can fix the Yammie.

I'm game to run with ya. I am currently working on setting my ski up for fishing so your electronics would come in handy- LOL! I'll shoot you a pm with my cell#

+1
    No that wasn't me after I get all my legal stuff registration #s and 10 hr service I will be ready

It seems that you both have found your desired one's partners. Now the thing is that whatever you got the experience you should share it, so that it can be helpful for the others or the newbies. After all the purpose of forum is all about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Finally View Post
    It seems that you both have found your desired one's partners....
    What would you like to know? I've got years of saltwater fishing under my belt but have yet to head out on the ski with rods...but that will change this weekend. G/F and I are putting in at Freeport and running the ICW to Port O'Connor to fish Espiritu Bay and surrounding areas. Finally~ you're more than welcome to join us if you would like.

+1
    Heading offshore from Gorda on Monday AM. Leaving Rawlings Bait Camp about 8:30-9:00.

Hey I just came across this post because I'm looking at another ski. Rev Ryer that might have been me was it 2 people on a black and green RXP going out then coming back in? If it was I was just showing my friend the ocean, he has never been out into the ocean before so I wanted to show him it wasn't rogue waves like the perfect storm haha. I just sold my seadoo's but I'll be picking up a yamaha fx cruiser this winter when the prices get lower. I'm going to start up a facebook group so we can all keep in touch.. do yall have facebook? BTW I fish matagorda mostly as well, I live in Houston. I'm up for fishing anywhere I actually want to adventure down south to laguna madre spring of next year and do a little exploring.

Kjack~ I am up for fishing Gorda waters that you and VXRSlayer know but to be honest I'm not too sure on anything further south for a while (at least). I took my girl from Freeport to Port O'Connor this past weekend and it was an expensive trip to say the least. I won't navigate unknown waters again until I have my chart plotter.....

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Clean SUV View Post
    Kjack~ I am up for fishing Gorda waters that you and VXRSlayer know but to be honest I'm not too sure on anything further south for a while (at least). I took my girl from Freeport to Port O'Connor this past weekend and it was an expensive trip to say the least. I won't navigate unknown waters again until I have my chart plotter.....

WOW man! that has happened to me at San Luis pass but I was able to push it out to deeper water! I have never been to west bay I only fish easy bay, west bay is huge and I don't know it well, I don't remember the re being areas that shallow in east bay. I will have a jet ski again by october or so... in the mean time I started a page if there wasn't already one that will be easier to keep in touch-

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Texas...26067257603504

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information