92 small pin 750 had occasional spark but now nothing

Hey i have a 92 750sx small pin. it runs awsome when it runs. But we started getting a lack of spark. (one or two sparks with 5 seconds of turning the engine over.) Now i am having trouble even getting that to happen. I have confirmed that the kill swith is is not dropping out power. I ohmed the pickup-.504 also ohmed the pickup out of a parted out 750 in TC's garage .505!!! hmmm Are both bad?? Good?? I then took an entire seperate complete electrical box out and installed to engine on the bench. SAME RESULTS!?!?!?!?! Now im really lost! I reinstalled the existing equipment. 4.5k ohms through plug boots. check voltage coming out of green and blue wires from the pickup. 0v and 0v!?!?! What should i get????? I did clean off the pickup and noticed a very small amount of oil in the bottom of front cover so i have a possible leaky crank seal. Also what voltage should i be getting to the sparks plug coil from the cdi? Freakin weird. Engine started first trys two weeks ago and as we were gettign ready to put it on the trailer we tried again and no luck. Spark problem that led to the above research. The little brother says this problem started at the end of last season. thanks for the feedback!

I now have noticed on the flywheel's inside edge i have a small wear mark from what appears to be rubbing on the magnet of the magneto. one single magnet of 8 appears to be worn and the lines of the magnets appear on the inside edge of the flywheel. I also found some small shavings of metal that i cleaned out. Could this be causing the the pickup to not "pickup" (grounding or somthing)

stupid mystery of the missing 750sx spark

Quote Originally Posted by stinkmotog View Post
    I now have noticed on the flywheel's inside edge i have a small wear mark from what appears to be rubbing on the magnet of the magneto. one single magnet of 8 appears to be worn and the lines of the magnets appear on the inside edge of the flywheel. I also found some small shavings of metal that i cleaned out. Could this be causing the the pickup to not "pickup" (grounding or somthing)
    I keep poking around with the volt meter. fix some exposed ground wires in E-box, fix a loose negative battery cable and WOW all of a sudden I get full spark with multiple trys!!!! Hurraaay!!! I blame the loose negative battery cable and go eat lunch. I come back from lunch and put the electrical box back together very carefully. Test engine again NO SPARK!!! jeeeez. try multiple times and get 1-2 sparks out of 5 seconds of turn-over...again. Sometimes 0 spark. grrrrrrr

+1
    Sounds like the trouble I've been having with my computer.

Unscrew the rubber boots on the spark plug wires and see if you can pull out any wire strands with needle nose pliers. They tend to break near the boot and give very erratic problems. Try cutting off 1/2 inch or so of wire and put the boot back on. Are you checking for spark with the spark plug on the end of the wire? If so, could be a fouled plug.

Thread Information