Panama City Beach Recap - Team Rider Brent Venderley

What an awesome time we had at the Supercup of Watercross in Panama City Beach, FL. this weekend! The physical location of this race is one of the best spots on the Tour in my opinion. The white sand beach is massive, the water is clear and blue-green, and the weather… well it’s FL., sunny and warm. Also, since it is a FL. race, I get to see a lot of friends in PCB that I do not usually see again until the GA round, which always makes for a good time.

This was my second year racing in PCB, and last year there was zero surf. This time it was a completely different story. Although the waves were only crashing about thigh high, the swell and chop were massive on Saturday once you got towards the offshore side of the course. This made for some awesome (and fun) racing, and tested every rider’s skills like no other location on the tour does. Sunday, the surf calmed down a bit with big spaced out rollers making the course faster but still technical.

As for me personally, I finished 5th on Saturday and was looking forward to pushing hard on Sunday to get an overall podium finish for the weekend. Unfortunately, a mechanical failure left me scrambling just to make the start of moto two. Thanks to Kevin Kennedy (who let me borrow his boat), Mike from Optima Racing (who called my two minute hold) and a whole crew of people that helped me get in the water at the last moment, I did make moto two. I finished the weekend, and motos two and three in “salvage points mode.” Not exactly how I had pictured my finishes, but the series has just begun… see everyone in Racine!

Thanks go out to my sponsors and friends for the help and support in PCB and this season: Jettribe, Jettribe Pro Hydro-X Tour, Kaotik Products, Action Kawasaki Sea-Doo in Bradenton, FL., ExoticSigns.com, RIVA Racing, Watercraft Superstore, Kevin Kennedy, Mike from Optima Racing, Trisha King, Conner Blasi, Clay Barbee and Chris Evans, GL Legendre, Dylan Osborn and the Osborn family and Ray Quintana.

Unofficial Points Totals after two rounds:
    Eric Francis 120
    Troy Snyder 92
    Michael Bellamy 89
    Eric Lagopoulos 87
    Dennis Mack 79
    Brent Venderley 76

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettribe View Post

What an awesome time we had at the Supercup of Watercross in Panama City Beach, FL. this weekend! The physical location of this race is one of the best spots on the Tour in my opinion. The white sand beach is massive, the water is clear and blue-green, and the weather… well it’s FL., sunny and warm. Also, since it is a FL. race, I get to see a lot of friends in PCB that I do not usually see again until the GA round, which always makes for a good time.

This was my second year racing in PCB, and last year there was zero surf. This time it was a completely different story. Although the waves were only crashing about thigh high, the swell and chop were massive on Saturday once you got towards the offshore side of the course. This made for some awesome (and fun) racing, and tested every rider’s skills like no other location on the tour does. Sunday, the surf calmed down a bit with big spaced out rollers making the course faster but still technical.

As for me personally, I finished 5th on Saturday and was looking forward to pushing hard on Sunday to get an overall podium finish for the weekend. Unfortunately, a mechanical failure left me scrambling just to make the start of moto two. Thanks to Kevin Kennedy (who let me borrow his boat), Mike from Optima Racing (who called my two minute hold) and a whole crew of people that helped me get in the water at the last moment, I did make moto two. I finished the weekend, and motos two and three in “salvage points mode.” Not exactly how I had pictured my finishes, but the series has just begun… see everyone in Racine!

Thanks go out to my sponsors and friends for the help and support in PCB and this season: Jettribe, Jettribe Pro Hydro-X Tour, Kaotik Products, Action Kawasaki Sea-Doo in Bradenton, FL., ExoticSigns.com, RIVA Racing, Watercraft Superstore, Kevin Kennedy, Mike from Optima Racing, Trisha King, Conner Blasi, Clay Barbee and Chris Evans, GL Legendre, Dylan Osborn and the Osborn family and Ray Quintana.

Unofficial Points Totals after two rounds:
    Eric Francis 120
    Troy Snyder 92
    Michael Bellamy 89
    Eric Lagopoulos 87
    Dennis Mack 79
    Brent Venderley 76

After starting with Brent last year it is great to see how well he has matured on the water in such a short time. Granted I have to pull for my fellow Kawasaki Brother Eric Francis and would love to see a back to back, watching Brent out there is a thrill in itself. He is showing that he can run with the best on the line in the Pro Stock class. His complete dedication to the sport being the Region 7 promotor and a full time racer really shows in his enthusiasm in both positions. Having a ski issue and jumping on a borrowed FZR thanks to Kevin Kennedy that he has never competed on and still going out giving it his all. I see him improving with every lap and the rest of the field better keep an eye out for him because he will soon be passing you by.
    Great person I am glad to call my friend off the water and I am just as excited for his future in the sport as I am being a fan and watching him compete. Great job Brent Keep up the great riding and see you in Racine.

Thread Information