+1

Polaris PWC Fishing Thread

Hi all!

Its almost been a year since I bought my 2004 Virage last year I only got to use it maybe 15 total days since i got it so late in the summer. Anyways I'm looking to mildly rig my virage for some fishing like I've seen all around.

Problem is polaris is a MUCH different ski then say 2004 Doos and yami's there decks are MUCH bigger giving them more space for cooler racks. They also seem to have more space for mounting Fish finders.

I wanted to know what you have done if anything to "deal" with our pwc differences

+1
    Looking for a setup like this:

Has anyone done a rack on 2000-04 polaris skis? i know the msx's have a bigger deck so their not in question.

Also if you have a fish finder where do you have the unit mounted as well as the transducer?!

+1
    That's some serious rigging there!
    I throw a Diawa minicast in the seat storage compartment. I caught a few white bass trolling and throw them by my feet for the live well. When I locate my buddies I usually throw the fish at them. (not kidding)
    I have caught walleye and Largemouth bass from my Virage but I'm not that serious about it.
    On the simple depth finders some of the guys have mounted the readouts in there Mirror. I would think you would have to fab a bracket for a good fish finder.
    It will be interesting to see how many fishermen we have here!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by LaveyT View Post
    That's some serious rigging there!
    I throw a Diawa minicast in the seat storage compartment. I caught a few white bass trolling and throw them by my feet for the live well. When I locate my buddies I usually throw the fish at them. (not kidding)
    I have caught walleye and Largemouth bass from my Virage but I'm not that serious about it.
    On the simple depth finders some of the guys have mounted the readouts in there Mirror. I would think you would have to fab a bracket for a good fish finder.
    It will be interesting to see how many fishermen we have here!
    Well I love riding my ski but I also live fishing and for under 95 bucks I can have a cooler rack for drinks, storage, food ect I wouldn't use it to save fish I'm a big catch and release person. But the lake I got to I'd be using it to picnic with hitting up camp site beaches ect..

The fish finder is really for depth finding since my family can't tell wtf water is and land it also has a chart plotter for back bay where I go is very squirrely so a GPS chart plotter would be helpful the fish finding part is really just a bonus

Banned User
    +1
    The Ram mounts work really well for a GPS.

+1
    I was thinking of doing something like this but idk where I'd put it its 4.5" wide if I put it horizontal on the compartment and the virage console is small as it is :/

+1

Polaris PWC Fishing Thread

Took me damn near long enough but here's my first addition!!! Unfortunately the virage is in its resting place (for now) BUT the Msx just got a Tallon ram mount on both sides.

First we looked for the flattest section out of the way of feet and the decals. Marked everything up and got to drillin'!

Used a 2" hole driller put silicone on the inlay part and the face of the unit.

We got the poles to where I'd be comfortable with how they laid. The angles are t ideal but the Msx is a very curvy machine so we improvise!

Battery side

Muffler side looks closer than it is to pipe aprx 1 inch away!

Capped off w/o attachments

Without pole

With pole

+1
    It's a pretty flush mount and I think it will server it's purpose well!
    Last edited by K447; 06-15-2017 at 08:54 AM.

Thread Information