+1

Question More on hard starts (and yes I have read bunch of threads, still confused?)

OK, so my dealer replaced my plugs and exhaust filter, ski has 78 hrs. I noticed that on the base of the old plug I had a brownish color deposit. Put the new stuff on and I ran the ski for the first time this year off the hose...pulled it out again the other day and had hard start? here is my post ride maint....wash ski, flush intercooler 5 mins, flush engine 5 mins, pull the hose blip the throttle 2-3 times then elevate the skis on the trailer......what am I missing

+1
    nothing keep the trailer raised for a day or two but give it good blip not a girly blip starting the ski for the next couple of days will push all water to the rear of the box and hopefully out the exhaust. any heat created in the exhaust will also help dry it out. you shouldn't have hard start problems

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by pgh300x View Post
    OK, so my dealer replaced my plugs and exhaust filter, ski has 78 hrs. I noticed that on the base of the old plug I had a brownish color deposit. Put the new stuff on and I ran the ski for the first time this year off the hose...pulled it out again the other day and had hard start? here is my post ride maint....wash ski, flush intercooler 5 mins, flush engine 5 mins, pull the hose blip the throttle 2-3 times then elevate the skis on the trailer......what am I missing
    2 or 3 IS NOT enough , I do 4-5 totalling about 10 -12 sec upto about 5500 rpm , then repeat over next few hrs and day

Waz

4. +1 by:

+1
    i cant believe dealers fail to show and tell there customers simple info. i have heard some dont even blip above 2000rpm. some are so paranoid of starting and running there ski without water common sense is all it takes. but then again i cringe when i hear ride buddies bounce of the rev limiter at the ramp clearing their water boxes. thats going a little too far.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pgh300x View Post
    2 or 3 IS NOT enough , I do 4-5 totalling about 10 -12 sec upto about 5500 rpm , then repeat over next few hrs and day

Waz
    Much thanks, don't think my 2-3 times was getting the box dry enough. Did 4-5 times and elevated the ski, started on Saturday with no issues.

+1
    good job

This is good info. My dealer told me to run it no longer than 5-10 secs at most off the hose and under no circumstance do you ever hit the throttle off the hose. Maybe that's why mine runs like crap for about 10 minutes when I put it in The water. Thanks guys

James Carpenter
    Liquid Perceptions LLC

Sent from my iPhone using Taptalk2

Thread Information