Question Reviews, Yamaha FX HO Riva/R&D Velocity Stacks

I have been looking at adding the Riva or R&D Velocity Stacks to my 04' FX HO. The Riva power filter is already installed. I wanted to hear some feedback on the v-stacks. Is there any chance of water intrusion into the throttle bodies with the velocity stacks installed? They appear to be a much more free-flow design. Appreciate the input.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by EnergyEngineer View Post
    I have been looking at adding the Riva or R&D Velocity Stacks to my 04' FX HO. The Riva power filter is already installed. I wanted to hear some feedback on the v-stacks. Is there any chance of water intrusion into the throttle bodies with the velocity stacks installed? They appear to be a much more free-flow design. Appreciate the input.
    I installed them on my 06 FXHO. Paired with the high flow airfilter and free flow exhaust, throttle response was greatly improved. I can't tell if I picked up end speed as a result of them because prior to the install I had a chipped impeller and worn pump housing (wear ring). When I installed the velocity stacks I also installed a new impeller and pump housing as well as the filter and exhaust. Therefore, I can't isolate exactly where my gains came from. I can say this however, I currently see 61 mph consistently via GPS and have never sucked in any water. The cover on the top of the engine helps a lot in deterring water from entering the throttle bodies. Hope this helps.

I just installed the R&D stacks/Riva filter on my SUV conversion with an '04 HO engine before my 2-week vacation in FL. Throttle response was noticeably better, but no increase in top end speed. The airbox should keep any water from getting into the throttle bodies.

Thread Information