+1

06 GTX S/C saga - please help

I have a 2006 GTX S/C 185. Totally stock except for the removal of the flame arrestor inside the manifold.

It went under water over a year ago thanks to a bust exhaust hose clamp. But i was able to save the engine with a number of oil changes. That was 16 hrs ago.

I had an issue with the ecu where the the no.3 injector driver was running the injector constantly. I have had this fixed by a computer guru but i still have a p0505 fault code and the engine is idling at 2400 rpm. Thinking it was an idle sensor, i have had it replaced by a seadoo tech with a brand new one. Problem has not disappeared. To add to my dramas, when im on the water and under way, my speedo jumps between 0 mph and 69 mph (the max reading of the gauge). Seadoo tech diagnoses the issue as the speedo wheel at the back of the ski. A new speedo wheel and again the issue has not changed. I have had the ecu rechecked by the guys that did the work and they cant find anything wrong with the ecu. The ski runs fine otherwise, its just these two issues.

My seadoo tech is lost and is asking advise from BRP.

Has anyone got any advice?? Im getting desperate?? Could it be an MPEM?? Doesnt the ecu interpret fault signals via the MPEM and doesnt the speedo signal also travel via the MPEM??

Any help appreciated.

Pete.

+1
    How did your computer guru fix the ECU?

+1
    Not sure, looks like he has cut the bottom of the ecu away to access the circuitry and then sealed it back together. The had part for me is that a used 06 185 ecu is like hens teeth and i dont really want to fork out the $1000.00 plus for a new one, especially if it doesnt resolve my issue.

The P0505 fault is related to the idle control valve. This is a stepper motor driven valve that controls the idle speed at 1800 RPM. This is why your ski is idling at 2400 as the valve is not working. When you said that the tech replaced the "idle sensor" what exactly did he replace? If the guy replaced the idle control valve, then there are several other possibilities. One possibility is a bad connection either at the ECU or idle valve, or broken wire. The other possibility is that there is a gross air leak, so the idle valve has bottomed out trying to slow down the engine. The last (and most probable) is that the ECU is bad.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Dood View Post
    The P0505 fault is related to the idle control valve. This is a stepper motor driven valve that controls the idle speed at 1800 RPM. This is why your ski is idling at 2400 as the valve is not working. When you said that the tech replaced the "idle sensor" what exactly did he replace? If the guy replaced the idle control valve, then there are several other possibilities. One possibility is a bad connection either at the ECU or idle valve, or broken wire. The other possibility is that there is a gross air leak, so the idle valve has bottomed out trying to slow down the engine. The last (and most probable) is that the ECU is bad.
    Sorry, idle control valve is what i meant, that was replaced with a new one. I have done the resistance test between connections to test wiring and they come back within spec. I cant see any fault with the connections. If i put my finger over the hole inside the throttle body where the control valve collects air, the engine dies immediately so I'm happy the manifold is not leaking. I'm hoping the ecu is not at fault, but it may be the case, but if it is, it doesnt explain the issue with my speedo?

Pete

Thread Information