Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Aqua X Racing

+1

Aqua X Racing

Is Ron Jon really the only other GreenHulker who's going to sign up for the Aqua X series??? What's the matter? The rest of you get tired after an 1/8 mile stretch?

Seriously though, I've been wanting to get into racing for quite a while, but I've always been too afraid of damaging my boat in the tight turns of closed course racing. This offshore rally style race is great for the sport and seems to be a much safer way to compete, without having to spend thousands and thousands of dollars modding. Would love to see some more locals sign up.

http://p1aquax.com/

+1
    thats what i was thinking about crashing . . some good off shore "endurance" racing is GREAT !!! and plenty of space so no worries about my ski getting hit by someone else !!! lets get this show on the ROAD kids !!!!

This really looks like something I could get into. The drag racing down here is crazy. It's pretty much who has the most money is going to win. This is more a drivers race. I'll see how the other races go, but the marathon race is near me and I can make that one. How does the training work???

really cool......would love to get back into some sort of racing, I really miss the rush.....maybe next season!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 02gpR View Post
    thats what i was thinking about crashing . . some good off shore "endurance" racing is GREAT !!! and plenty of space so no worries about my ski getting hit by someone else !!! lets get this show on the ROAD kids !!!!
    Yeah that's where I'm at. If you don't get the lead off the initial hole shot, it's very difficult to make passes without a little bit of rubbing during closed course races.

Quote Originally Posted by the_ern View Post
    This really looks like something I could get into. The drag racing down here is crazy. It's pretty much who has the most money is going to win. This is more a drivers race. I'll see how the other races go, but the marathon race is near me and I can make that one. How does the training work???
    I agree. I've never been a fan of drag racing because of the money factor and mostly because of the inability to rec ride most of the heavily modded skis out in the ocean. That said, drag racing is still great for the sport as well. There was an interesting point in a recent article; It's difficult to draw fans for an offshore race when they can barely see the participants. Even closed course racing is difficult to view unless you're up high somewhere. Drag races are much easier to view and draw in new fans.

+1
    Y'all are not the only ones signed up.

The great parts about this series is, it is cheap, you can be competitive on any ski you may have because of the class structure and the offshore/endurance races are a race of skill not top speed.
    Both you and your ski have to complete the race. If a guy breaks out at WOT right out the gate, unless he is a pro he will probably tire out of come off. You pace yourself where you can finish the race as fresh as possible and not break your ski you have just very much increased your chances of winning your class.
    It is a really fun atmosphere and I do recommend it to anyone in the area to try to get out and give it a try. Those of you that say you will just sit back and see how it goes before entering may never get the chance. If there is no participation there may not be the next race for you to go enter. THese events cost a fortune to put on. Not only in money but in time. All the political red tape, permits, local, state, and federal agencies approval. dealing with the coast Guard, tree huggers that hate PWC and everything else. THen comes along the money part. Getting the entire staff there and paying them, the insurance, all the fees they have. If just a few racers show up they can not afford to continue to host these events. This is where the sport is suffering. People complain about not enough races but don't get out and compete or support the ones that are out there.
    I do realize this forum is catering to the drag racer but there are ways that anyone with any ski will have a very good chance of winning because it is a stock only competition. Come on out and show your support. What is the worst that can happen? You have a weekend of riding with a great group of like minded people and possible even enjoy your self and want to do it again.

A saying in racing that I really like and is not more true than in offshore/endurance racing is "To finish first you mush first finish"
    It is all about best average speed over the whole race.
    The 200 HP class is pretty much the NA class
    250 HP class is for the SC skis up to 250 HP which included the Yamahas
    300 HP class which is just the 255,260 hp sea doos and the 300x
    It stays very fair this way

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lasportsmn View Post
    Y'all are not the only ones signed up.

The great parts about this series is, it is cheap, you can be competitive on any ski you may have because of the class structure and the offshore/endurance races are a race of skill not top speed.
    Both you and your ski have to complete the race. If a guy breaks out at WOT right out the gate, unless he is a pro he will probably tire out of come off. You pace yourself where you can finish the race as fresh as possible and not break your ski you have just very much increased your chances of winning your class.
    It is a really fun atmosphere and I do recommend it to anyone in the area to try to get out and give it a try. Those of you that say you will just sit back and see how it goes before entering may never get the chance. If there is no participation there may not be the next race for you to go enter. THese events cost a fortune to put on. Not only in money but in time. All the political red tape, permits, local, state, and federal agencies approval. dealing with the coast Guard, tree huggers that hate PWC and everything else. THen comes along the money part. Getting the entire staff there and paying them, the insurance, all the fees they have. If just a few racers show up they can not afford to continue to host these events. This is where the sport is suffering. People complain about not enough races but don't get out and compete or support the ones that are out there.
    I do realize this forum is catering to the drag racer but there are ways that anyone with any ski will have a very good chance of winning because it is a stock only competition. Come on out and show your support. What is the worst that can happen? You have a weekend of riding with a great group of like minded people and possible even enjoy your self and want to do it again.

A saying in racing that I really like and is not more true than in offshore/endurance racing is "To finish first you mush first finish"
    It is all about best average speed over the whole race.
    The 200 HP class is pretty much the NA class
    250 HP class is for the SC skis up to 250 HP which included the Yamahas
    300 HP class which is just the 255,260 hp sea doos and the 300x
    It stays very fair this way
    Couldn't agree more. I've been whining about the lack of offshore racing in Florida and the ridiculousness of the "stock" class in IJSBA races ever since I bought a ski. Definitely not going to let this one pass by. Besides it's cheap; Like $150 total for 4 rounds and 12 total races. Or you can enter a single round if the 4 round format doesn't work with your schedule. A minimal amount of safety gear is required and I believe the promoter is very willing and ready to help assist any new racers in locating some gear if they don't feel comfortable making the initial investment before finding out if racing is really for them.

Looking forward to seeing you in Daytona GL!

This looks really good. The next series of races is too close for me to make it, but I'm gonna try to make it to Pahooke.

I took a look at the site and documentation and it looks pretty doable, if I had known sooner I would have tried to make it to Daytona, but its seems a little late to sign up.

How do you guys deal with overnight security for the skis?

Yamaha isnt very clear about hp ratings, but I'm guessing my stock 13' VXS would fall into the 200hp class, right?

I have all the necesary gear with the exception of boots and the flexible tow hook. I have a road racing spine protector but would prefer not to get it wet, I do have this from MX Racing, do you have any idea if it would be allowed?

I know its not the best option but its readily available to me.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by blindstuff View Post
    I took a look at the site and documentation and it looks pretty doable, if I had known sooner I would have tried to make it to Daytona, but its seems a little late to sign up.

How do you guys deal with overnight security for the skis?

Yamaha isnt very clear about hp ratings, but I'm guessing my stock 13' VXS would fall into the 200hp class, right?

I have all the necesary gear with the exception of boots and the flexible tow hook. I have a road racing spine protector but would prefer not to get it wet, I do have this from MX Racing, do you have any idea if it would be allowed?

I know its not the best option but its readily available to me.
    There's definitely still time to sign up for Daytona. Just send Michelle an email or call her and she'll be more than willing to get you signed up:

Michelle Petro
    352-572-8686
    [email protected]

I'm not actually sure which class the VXS would fall into; That's a good question. I do think the MX gear you have would be sufficient for racing, but again, Michelle would be able to confirm that. The guys I know that have signed up thus far are all good people. So I'm sure everyone will be willing to help out if any problems come up for any of us. It's my first race but I'm pretty excited for it...

For all the GreenHulkers not racing, hopefully you guys can still try to make it out to help support the event!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information