Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

05 rxp surging at wot loading up in mid and throttle stabs

Ok forgive me this mod ski stuff is not fresh in my mind i built this thing and run it, but i have been too busy to use my ski in two years,

Mods
    Bigger sc cant remember specs but was safe for 42 lb injectors i have brand new greens in it from jerry
    fizzle ic
    straight pipe
    fizzle intake
    prop for mods etc...

Anyways get it out and its dropping a cyl, has a miss and wont rev over 7000 just surges at wot. I put new plugs in it and injector cleaner and fresh gas. It keeps dropping the rear cyl. Stab the gas and it loads up and drops the cyl.

It surges cruising 6000 rpm or lower too, im wondering if the injectors need to go out for service or if its a fuel issue.

Throw it in reverse it will rev8000 and bang the limiter at wot.

Only time it seems to clean out a bit is a hard turn to the right at wot, turn left and it falls on its face. Sorta stumped here.

+1
    Sounds to me like your having Injector issues.
    I had a ski that did something similar and my mechanic changed the Injectors that were bad and it ripped like new.

+1
    maybe fuel pump or pickup filter clogged. IC could have a leak, SC could need the slip checked

+1
    Well tried a few things today but I think it's going home and you g to have to do some more intense testing.

Another set of new plugs
    New fuel
    Noticed milky oil in the hull and oil spray on valve cover from catch can breather filter still running like shit.

Oil light was on for a reson oil is lower noticed bailers full of oil so it's pushed a bunch out the catch can and was bailing it. Ski ran perfect when put away now pushing oil out the breather.

Going to take it home for compression and leak down test. New plugs and fuel helped a little sometimes it will rev 7300 now but doggy boggy and gutless otherwise. Kinda pissed it was stored fogged and serviced in a heated shop for 2 years.

+1
    It's very common to have issues when a ski sits.
    Hope its something easy to fix.

+1
    Check the intercooler. Sounds like its bad.

+1
    I will get it home next week and take a look. I bought my external ic used which was salt water used. Could be it and I would have never looked there! Thanks for the tips. I wouldn't think with my fresh water use it would decay.

FWIW, I just confirmed a leak in my external IC. It's been leaking for 1.5yrs (I was on a few wild goose chases)...well, my leak didn't cause any symptoms that you're having.
    Mine *ran totally normal* EXCEPT for not reving over 77/7800 RPMs in warm water. Obviously, as a result, I had a loss of a few to several MPH.
    Never any surging or dropped cylinder type of symptom. And in the winter it ran 100% normal (79-81mph @ 8100/8150)

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by blkturbo! View Post
    FWIW, I just confirmed a leak in my external IC. It's been leaking for 1.5yrs (I was on a few wild goose chases)...well, my leak didn't cause any symptoms that you're having.
    Mine *ran totally normal* EXCEPT for not reving over 77/7800 RPMs in warm water. Obviously, as a result, I had a loss of a few to several MPH.
    Never any surging or dropped cylinder type of symptom. And in the winter it ran 100% normal (79-81mph @ 8100/8150)
    I bet your valves are leaking now & not sealing due to the steam....

Yea I'm not sure yet what I going to do besides replace the IC :/
    My local dealer (the dickhead parts counter guy) said they don't/won't just replace my rings, so I wonder what else they won't do short of a full long block rebuild.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information