Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

where to find switched power

Im trying to find a switched power source on my 05 gpr. Im installing an automatic bilge and would like to use that to power a relay to power my new bilge. Any suggestions on where or what wire to tap? I would rather do this so that it automatically comes on when the ski is running and turns off when I shut it off. That way I dont have to run a manual switch. Any suggestions?

thanks!

+1
    I spliced into a wire coming out of the electrical box at the bottom. Mine's an 02, so that's not going to help. My point is that it can be done, you will need a wiring diagram or someone to give you some info on what wire to use.

By the way, I encased the splice in clear silicone just to be careful. It's been there for 4 years and no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by fullboogie View Post
    I spliced into a wire coming out of the electrical box at the bottom. Mine's an 02, so that's not going to help. My point is that it can be done, you will need a wiring diagram or someone to give you some info on what wire to use.

By the way, I encased the splice in clear silicone just to be careful. It's been there for 4 years and no problems.
    thanks for the info... I was wondering if maybe one of the power wires for the dash display may have switched power. I guess I just need to get out the meter and start testing.

Any other help would be great!

thanks again!

+1
    For some reason I was thinking that the late model GPR's came with an electric bilge pump. Am I wrong?

And you are going to use a relay? I thought the rule pump only draw a few amps.

Sorry if they are stupid questions.

Yes they come with an electric bilge that only runs when you turn it on the ski an when you turn off the ski for 20 sec. From what I understand anyways. Its not a continuous blge. Im also removing my syphon system so this would be for added security as well as duck bills. Over kill I know but Id rather be safe than sorry.

Yes I will be using a relay. It may only draw a little bit but I would rather have a deicated power circuit for it to be safe.

I think you will be fine with the stock bildge. If you're that worried, you can always put a toggle switch on the bildge pump that is already in place

Im replacing my stock bilge becasue I broke it. So I might as well upgrade at the same time. Just would like to know if someone as or knwos a good switched power source.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flyboy1300 View Post
    I think you will be fine with the stock bildge. If you're that worried, you can always put a toggle switch on the bildge pump that is already in place

+1
    Maybe I'm lost here. Why couldnt you hook it up where the factory pump was??

It will physically fit right into place. But the power for the stock bilge only comes on for 20 sec when you start it and 20 sec when you turn it off. it doesnt run whne you are just riding around. Thats what they syphon system is for. Which I dont have. Make better sence??? That is the way I understand it anyways.

I know this is not what you are asking, but just splice into the power line already in place to the bildge, then put a switch on it, and run it to your battery, that way it works as stock, and you can also turn it on when you choose

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information