Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Rebuilt Engines from Dealer (Done by Sea-Doo) Any good?

Hi all, I need most of a motor for my 04 RXP and am considering the whole motor. $2500 for the reman from the dealer. Are these any good? Anyone have experience with them?

Nate

+1
    We do them all the time. We WILL NOT INSTALL a SBT in a BRP product!!!!!! I have had only 2 problems with the BRP remans in 5 years...And BRP sent me another motor to put in and it fixed it at no additional cost to the customer

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    $2500 is a pretty good deal ..I'd go with it rather then an SBT block..and I happen to like SBT.

what's the warranty on the BRP replacement engine?

+1
    Okay, I ordered one. Unfortunately, it only has a 30 day warranty, but I got the parts manager to swear to me that if it blows up before a year he'll work with BRP on it.

To be clear, this is from the bottom pan to the valve cover, but no intake, no SC, no exhaust manifold.

Nate

+1
    I have seen 2 reman seadoo motors and they were both horrible. valves were sunk .040" in #2 cylinder, had 1 oversized piston and 2 std size pistons in it.

yeah, $2500.00 is a dam good price considering our cost is $2,499.00...... BRP's rebuilt motors are first class. I have done around 20 of them and never had an issue. I have done about 5 from SBT and they all failed prematurely. In addition, I had a reman crank from SBT that failed on us in 30 minutes of run time and SBT told me that I must have installed the crank incorrectly but nonetheless they would send me a new crank. But there old crank destroyed the block...

I ordered mine from my seadoo dealership 4yrs ago but I paid about $4k! That was the assembled long block. Anyway, I've been riding it hard for 190+ hrs so far with all of my mods installed since the day they installed it for me.

+1
    I dont think it cost me $2500 to have ours rebuilt with CPs.
    Better than remAN IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Slow 91 View Post
    I have seen 2 reman seadoo motors and they were both horrible. valves were sunk .040" in #2 cylinder, had 1 oversized piston and 2 std size pistons in it.
    Interesting. I have never taken one a part (as I have had no need to) so I do not know what the internals are like, but the fact that I still have 20 (est) out of 20 still running must mean something.

+1
    I'll report back in about a week. Going to install it next Friday! I have the shop manual and I'm familiar with automobile engines, is there anything I should know?

Nate

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information