Oil Injection pump settings

So I followed the manual for my 1998 gtx limited and in the manual it says to set the pump till it aligns with the mark. But what I'm unsure of is that it says to turn the idle screw back till it just touches then another 2 turns, now I turned it in 2 full turns tighter and now it smokes a lot when it runs.
    i also read on some forums that you have to pull throttle till you remove slack and the. Align marks from there.
    i haven set my idle yet and might have to give more slack to my throttle cable first.
    also was noted that there are two marks a big line for more oil and a smaller one for less oil.
    and it was the big line I should go with.
    help me lol

Quote Originally Posted by Port credit GTXL View Post
    So I followed the manual for my 1998 gtx limited and in the manual it says to set the pump till it aligns with the mark. But what I'm unsure of is that it says to turn the idle screw back till it just touches then another 2 turns, now I turned it in 2 full turns tighter and now it smokes a lot when it runs.
    i also read on some forums that you have to pull throttle till you remove slack and the. Align marks from there.
    i haven set my idle yet and might have to give more slack to my throttle cable first.
    also was noted that there are two marks a big line for more oil and a smaller one for less oil.
    and it was the big line I should go with.
    help me lol
    Even if some one can send me a picture with an arrow to what I'm following on the pump wheel there's a whole with a dot under also there's that small line in the middle of that circle and last there's a flat side to that circle.
    also what the best way to sync the carbs?
    it sounds really rough and I set it with the both carbs closed bit still doesn't sound right

Thread Information