Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2008 Kawasaki Ultra 250x Display no power

Hey guys, i have a 2008 ultra 250x bought it used with 20 hours on it the thing is practically brand new. ive been out on it twice so far with no issues the thing ran flawlessly and god its fast. this past week i was out about a quarter mile from shore and i turned off the ski to chill for a min and when i put the key in the ignition nothing happened. i took the key out and put it back in like 20 times until the display finally lit up then it started no problem and i went back to shore. when i got back to the shore i turned it off and the same thing happened but this time the display wouldnt work at all so i got towed back by a buddy.when i got home i checked the battery and all the connections and the fuses and they seemed to be fine. when i reconnected the battery the display worked when i put the key in, but when i hit the start button all you herd was a thump by the ECU area then all power was lost. i tinkered with a coupple of things and i seem to have it working now but im just afraid that this could happen again when im out. does anyone have any idea what the problem could have been? anyoue with similar issues?Thanks,matt

Banned User
    +1
    Sounds like a loose wire check the solenoid really good

Been around for years...seen it all Kawi-Guy's Avatar
    +1
    The display has 3 connection wires, One blue one and 2 yellow ones if I remember correctly. Just open your front storage hood and remove the carry tray, open up the piece that vertically mounts your electronics so you will see where the display wires come down to attach to the electrical assembly. Just remove these one at a time and reconnect them to make sure they are tight. This should be your first step, just to make sure all your connections are tight. Do an inspection of the wires as well.

I took it out this past weekend and everything worked great. i think it might have been a loose ground wire. but i did check the wiring behind the display and it all looked good. when i was messing with wires i dropped my fuse cover and a fastner clip down into the hull in the front of the ski and now i have no way to getthem any ideas?

Been around for years...seen it all Kawi-Guy's Avatar
    +1
    buy replacements for now, if you ever have to replace your steering or reverse cables or remove your engine, then you can go fishing

Banned User
    +1
    Ummmm fast spinnny parts rubber belt foreign objects not good combo. Find them.

they fell in the front of my feul tank so there is no way for them to make it to the engine bay since there is foam from the bottom of the tank flush with the hull. any idea where to find a fuse cap i cant seem to find it anywhere?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattspin5 View Post
    they fell in the front of my feul tank so there is no way for them to make it to the engine bay since there is foam from the bottom of the tank flush with the hull. any idea where to find a fuse cap i cant seem to find it anywhere?
    Ive dropped things in the same area before.
    And they slid out to the foot wells.
    Ive found when you cant find wot you dropped.
    Get your missus too look.
    Mine always finds the missing bits.

CB here in Tampa. Had the same issue with 2008 Ultra 250X. Luckily it happened on the trailer. One minute keys worked and display came up, the next minute nothing...no power at all to display. Tonight I will disconnect and reconnect all wiring. Called dealer. They said, "Oooo, you'll have to bring it in." NOT!! I'll tinker with it first before I pay $65/hr for them to fiddle with the wires. Are there any other potential solutions or troubleshooting for this other than play with the wires?!?! Seems crazy.

Thanks!
    Corey

Same issue here. Preparing 250x for winter, and when I started the engine to run some stabilized fuel through it, it sputtered and died, and there is now there is now power to the ignition or dials. Checked battery, fully charged. Anyone found a solution?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information