2008 RXP-X Intercooler question

Hello, I recently purchased a 2008 RXP-X with 52 hours. I believe I could have possibly have an issue with the intercooler leaking. I took the large air hoses off today going to it and pulled the intercooler and it had a little bit of water in it. When I am on the water with the machine it gives a check engine message with the error code for the knock sensor. I have read about the knock sensor and the different things that could cause it and am wondering if water going into the intake from the intercooler could cause it? I figure bad gas can cause it so it would seem like water going through that way could as well? I haven't pulled the intake yet as I wanted to let the motor cool down to work in there a little easier. I have pulled the intercooler and plan tomorrow to do as someone else has on the forum and put soapy water into the main section where air typically flows through and put some air into the location of one of the water hoses to see if it bubbles the water/soap.

On a side note there are 5 hookups on the intercooler. Two are the large air hoses. Two are towards the back of the machine for water. What is the smaller third towards the front for?

Thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by calhouncm View Post
    Hello, I recently purchased a 2008 RXP-X with 52 hours. I believe I could have possibly have an issue with the intercooler leaking. I took the large air hoses off today going to it and pulled the intercooler and it had a little bit of water in it. When I am on the water with the machine it gives a check engine message with the error code for the knock sensor. I have read about the knock sensor and the different things that could cause it and am wondering if water going into the intake from the intercooler could cause it? I figure bad gas can cause it so it would seem like water going through that way could as well? I haven't pulled the intake yet as I wanted to let the motor cool down to work in there a little easier. I have pulled the intercooler and plan tomorrow to do as someone else has on the forum and put soapy water into the main section where air typically flows through and put some air into the location of one of the water hoses to see if it bubbles the water/soap.

On a side note there are 5 hookups on the intercooler. Two are the large air hoses. Two are towards the back of the machine for water. What is the smaller third towards the front for?

Thanks
    Its a very good posibilty it could be leaking and causing your problems.
    The small hose is a air bleed line.

+1
    time to throw a Fizzle H/E on that ski!!

4. +1 by:

Thread Information