Flipping up side down? Honda R-12X

Ok I am repairing my two aquatrax 04-06 r12x. Just purchased them and would like to repaint the bottoms the last knucklehead that owned them left them in the rocks and the bottoms are hammered. I have a two post lift and have already done the body work on them. I would like to flip them over to paint the bottoms but I am a little nervous about leaving them upside down. It's one thing to flip them over in the water for a few seconds but a whole different deal to have them up side down for a few days. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Should I drain the oil out of them. Or what? Thanks in advance.

+1
    Definitely drain oil . tilt ski tied back 45 deg after u drain most oil this way u can get that last 4-8oz out . what ever u don't get out will set on pistons and leak thru into combustion chamber . try draining fuel also or running it all out . if ski is upside down tank can't purge any pressure buildup out . so it will purge raw fuel out slowly .... Battery will be fine . now theirs a few gal of water in water box I would think it would be a issue.
    I've wanted to flip mine so many times but for me it hasn't been practice . tho I am thinking of doing the air vents in hull to gain a few more mph.....

+1
    Totally agree

Battery first to come out

Quote Originally Posted by jlfx car audio View Post
    Definitely drain oil . tilt ski tied back 45 deg after u drain most oil this way u can get that last 4-8oz out . what ever u don't get out will set on pistons and leak thru into combustion chamber . try draining fuel also or running it all out . if ski is upside down tank can't purge any pressure buildup out . so it will purge raw fuel out slowly .... Battery will be fine . now theirs a few gal of water in water box I would think it would be a issue.
    I've wanted to flip mine so many times but for me it hasn't been practice . tho I am thinking of doing the air vents in hull to gain a few more mph.....

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    I flipped mine for a week........it smoked for 10min........I drained the oil,fuel,waterbox......Have a fresh set of plugs on hand

How do you drain the water box I see it but have no idea how to drain it ?

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    i took hose off and shop vac the best i could

Thread Information