Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Difference between 68-70mph and 75+mph

I am just curious what is the difference on your ski between going 68-70 and 75+ mph on your ski! Do you you guys feel your boat is stable enough at those speeds? do you feel like you have less control over your ski than at 68-70?

I am just curious that's all! Any other comments can be made in what you see or feel a difference between those speeds of 7+mph more! Thanks

+1
    Well, while 7 mph more doesn't sound like a whole lot the difference is insane. With more top speed also comes MUCH better acceleration.

The difference between a 68 mph RXP and a 75 mph RXP is night and day.

I still find i have good control over my ski at 77+ mph, but you won't find me trying to make any turns

Compwhiz82: The RXP is very capable of running at the higher speeds. At well over 700lbs it feels very stable and confidence inspiring. My gpr will also do 75+, but seems (and is) very light in comparison. After all, the only times you s/b really running that hard are in ideal conditions. 6" chop is about the limit for the really high #'s. I agree with Jerry, you shouldn't be thinking about turning too much at those speeds.

I had both my RXP and my GPR triple out just the other day (Sunday). A fellow GPR rider took my RXP for the day. (don't worry I know where he lives! ) He could not believe how well it ran/handled. He thought the RXP hull was flat and very unpredictable. He is now a changed man. He went 76+ all day long, w/out a hint of porpoising. My gpr had the same actual speeds, but was very hard to keep planted. I, myself, switched back and forth between skis to be sure I wasn't fooled. The gpr felt WAY TOO LIGHT and more unstable and could not handle the 6" chop as easily. The RXP hurdled the chop like a champ and routinely ran away from the GPR. So, the long-winded answer is: the rxp can handle it!

-Brendan

+1
    Brendan, It is great to here from a guy that has them both a RXP and a GPR. We get a more honest feedback on them both.

So they are both great and both have there+ and -'s.

Good info. and thanks for the honesty.

Thanks Water4fire.

I hope I wasn't too brutal for the Gpr fellows

-Brendan

we have a stage 2 riva rxp and then 2 stock skis, the difference is night and day like hulk said the acceleration is sick on the stage 2 we also have the pro block off and it will be going 75+ no porpusing then side by side with the stock skis will poupous im getting a stage 1 on one of the skis right now along with a new clutch sine i blew it out o yea the sound is bad ass with the thru hull ext also

Re: Difference between 68-70mph and 75+mph

Quote Originally Posted by Compwhiz82
    I am just curious what is the difference on your ski between going 68-70 and 75+ mph on your ski!
    About 3 Grand.

Thanks guys! I am also well aware of the costs! I'm just going to stick with being in Stock Class for now in Super Course, as I gain more experience I will move up to limited class, doubt I will ever go to Open! We'll see!!

75 MPH SKI

Guys i`m very new to high perfomance skis, but i have to tell ya Jerry let me ride his ski and at WOT it feels like you have total control! A friend of mine has a gpr and just like everyone said , its kind of squirley at WOT.

+1
    Chuck, whats up with your sig "hurricane RXP on the way"?
    You getting a damaged RXP? If you need help with it let me know. I know a guy that's pretty good at working on them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information