Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Taking on water part 2. help please

I posted yesterday about 07 rxt filling up fast on the lake.
    I brought it home. Filled the bitch on the trailer. Not a drop. ran it. Still nothing. The only thing I can do to make it leak is when I pull the engine side of the rubber boot back the water runs right out the hole in the hull that the shaft goes through.
    So my question is does this mean the carbon seal is bad??????? Water pressure from the lake is pushing by the carbon sean and the spring loaded boot? Still think the impeller is noisey and rattley on the trailer? thanks for any professional advise.

You check your siphon tubes yet? Might be back feeding into the engine compartment?

Impeller will make noise when on the trailer. No water pressure on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JetKiller99 View Post
    You check your siphon tubes yet? Might be back feeding into the engine compartment?

Impeller will make noise when on the trailer. No water pressure on it.
    Yes. checked the clear hoses. all intact. from down by drains all way to impeller. im baffled. filled so water was over carbon seal. not a drip from anywhere. Im lost. thanks for the reply.

+1
    when you say you pulled the rubber boot on the engine side back do you mean the small rubber flap on top of the carbon seal, the PTO boot? check the "hat" in front of the carbon seal and make sure the small c clip has not fallen out. the hat should not move and the carbon seal should only pull towards the rear of the ski with a lot of force. the end of the carbon seal has a slightly beveled end about a 1/2 on a new one, look at yours to see if you have an extremely worn carbon seal.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by need4spd View Post
    I brought it home. Filled the bitch on the trailer. Not a drop. ran it. Still nothing. The only thing I can do to make it leak is when I pull the engine side of the rubber boot back the water runs right out the hole in the hull that the shaft goes through.
    So my question is does this mean the carbon seal is bad??????? Water pressure from the lake is pushing by the carbon sean and the spring loaded boot? Still think the impeller is noisey and rattley on the trailer? thanks for any professional advise.
    Think you figured it out as when the engine spins the shaft, pressure forces water past the carbon ring.

+1
    Just went through the same thing pulled the seal did not look bad and changed it anyways only been out once so far seems to have worked will not know for sure till I spend more time on the water.

Just went through the same thing pulled the seal did not look bad and changed it anyways only been out once so far seems to have worked will not know for sure till I spend more time on the water.[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys. Im going for it. Cant find anything else.

+1

Cool

It does sound like when you run it its filling your hull.
    Which means the carbon seal is toast...
    Add a Bilge pump.
    They are about 100$ and when you see it kick on you know your taking on water.
    Good luck!!

Found it!!! The inner hose nipple was broken off the starboard side steering flap. Who knows how that happened.

+1
    Found it!!! The inner hose nipple was broken off the starboard side steering flap. Who knows how that happened.
    Could someone post a pic of where the "inner hose nipple" is? Mine keeps taking on water while running. Dealer replaced the carbon seal twice now but still a 2-4 gallons of water in hull after a ride. I did install a bilge pump but still would like to find out where the problem is. Thanks!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information