2007 Honda F-12x code 25

So I've been reading and all over this site about people that are having the same issue I am having which is getting Code 25 in regards to the knock sensor. People say that it is the knock sensor or the ECM.

I havent seen anyone's actual fix to this problem the thread dies before anyone answers with their fix.

Here is my issue I have two 2007 F-12x skis one of them works fine the other is throwing the knock sensor code. I took the ECM from the ski that was working find and put it in the bad ski and the same code came up after running it.

Has anyone had any luck with the actual problem being the knock sensor?

Knock sensors go bad all the time. Inexpensive sensor to replace. Make sure you're running good quality fuel first.

Ok , well I ordered the sensor the other day should be here Tuesday. My only concern was I was reading and people have similar issues with the skis performance that Im having which is it runs rough almost like a miss fire at around 3000 rpm , but then it gets the warning light and beep. From what I was reading people said the wastegate get stuck open.

In terms of fuel, would bad or old fuel cause that sensor to throw that code ?

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Yes you can change your knock sensor first.....if that dose not fix it then it could be the wire or the ECU

Well considering I have two identical skis I took the ecu from the ski that is working fine and put it in the ski that is throwing the code and I got the same code to be thrown. Just to make sure I also took the ecu from the ski that was having the problem and put it in the good ski and I did not have a problem. So my hope is its just the knock sensor.

+1
    its great that you have two skis the same I think you will be the one to tell us all the answer.

As thats what they would do at the shop start swaping bits until its fixed

The only thing I would think of the sealing on the threading of the knok sensor ?? does it need a good earth?? or sealing ??

Let us know your findings

So I got the knock sensor in the ski yesterday, started it up on the trailer was not able to replicate the problem so I was feeling pretty confident. Decided to test it out on the water. I was on the water about 15 minutes and the ski was fine I could hold the throttle at 4000 rpm and cruise. All of a sudden though after about 15 minutes after slowing to go under a bridge I went to give it throttle and boom loss of power and the warning light. It threw code 45 this time. Just my luck.

Thread Information